The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Sep 14, 2009, 10:23am
Official Forum Member

Redskins - Giants

For anyone who saw the game, what are your thoughts on the Moss-Webster situation early in the 2nd quarter?

I thought both players should have been ejected and the decision not to created more problems throughout the game. I understand you try to keep players in the game. But these two guys were knocking each others heads off like Rock'em-Sock'em robots. They needed to go.

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith
Old Mon Sep 14, 2009, 10:42am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BktBallRef View Post
For anyone who saw the game, what are your thoughts on the Moss-Webster situation early in the 2nd quarter?

I thought both players should have been ejected and the decision not to created more problems throughout the game. I understand you try to keep players in the game. But these two guys were knocking each others heads off like Rock'em-Sock'em robots. They needed to go.
I agree. I was surprised they weren't ejected.
Old Mon Sep 14, 2009, 11:13am
Official Forum Member

I agree as well. I thought for sure that they would both be ejected, especially Moss.
Old Tue Sep 15, 2009, 12:33pm
Official Forum Member

I'm surprised there weren't more comments. maybe many on here didn't see it. I thought it was blatantly obvious.

Old Tue Sep 15, 2009, 01:05pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BktBallRef View Post

Agreed, at the HS level that would be automatic ejection from me. Of course, in the NFL, they have different standards for what constitutes ejection. Also, that was very early in the game if I remember correctly. Neither had probably shown signs of instigating to that point thus this was looked at as a first offense so just a PF. I don't agree with that but that's the way I believe the officials saw it.
Old Tue Sep 15, 2009, 01:07pm
Archaic Power Monger

I didn't see the game, sorry.
Old Tue Sep 15, 2009, 11:58pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbcof83 View Post
Agreed, at the HS level that would be automatic ejection from me. Of course, in the NFL, they have different standards for what constitutes ejection. Also, that was very early in the game if I remember correctly. Neither had probably shown signs of instigating to that point thus this was looked at as a first offense so just a PF. I don't agree with that but that's the way I believe the officials saw it.
I think they should have been tossed!!!!!!!
Old Wed Sep 16, 2009, 07:28pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbcof83 View Post
It was early second period, so they were well into the game. I thought the defining point was that they continued to throw punches before the whistle, and well after the whistle, even as they were being separated. It set the stage for similiar, those less flagrant stuff the rest of the game.