The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Football (https://forum.officiating.com/football/)
-   -   Illinois: Here come black pants! (https://forum.officiating.com/football/53666-illinois-here-come-black-pants.html)

Rich Mon Jun 22, 2009 06:01pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcarr (Post 610188)
I emailed CK today and here was the response:

"Thank you for your inquiry. The black officiating pants should be posted in sometime in July and will be available in the fall."

You have some inside knowledge about Wisconsin? These pants would be great for the last half of the season. I know some would dislike and avoid them - then again my crew has never (and will never) wear shorts on Friday nights, either. :D

tjones1 Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:49am

You may pre-order now from Honig's.

Honig's Whistle Stop Online Store - Products

jaybird Tue Jun 23, 2009 01:38am

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjones1 (Post 610294)
You may pre-order now from Honig's.

Honig's Whistle Stop Online Store - Products

I can't tell and it doesn't say if these pants have belt loops.

waltjp Tue Jun 23, 2009 07:30am

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaybird (Post 610298)
I can't tell and it doesn't say if these pants have belt loops.

Good catch. My guess would be 'no' or they'd explicitly mention it.

Welpe Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:01am

I think I can see them in the picture, but it is hard to tell.

Rich Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:09am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Welpe (Post 610352)
I think I can see them in the picture, but it is hard to tell.

Me too. The zoom (click to make it bigger) on the picture is broken.

LDUB Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:22pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by waltjp (Post 610318)

Good catch. My guess would be 'no' or they'd explicitly mention it.

I better not buy any Honig's knickers...they don't explicitly say they have belt loops so I would guess they don't have any:rolleyes:

Jim D. Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:53pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by LDUB (Post 610368)
I better not buy any Honig's knickers...they don't explicitly say they have belt loops so I would guess they don't have any:rolleyes:

I just saved 50 bucks! I'm not buying black pants.

Welpe Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:57pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by LDUB (Post 610368)

Don't be too hard on Walt...I think his eyes are just getting old. :eek:

Ref Ump Welsch Tue Jun 23, 2009 01:05pm

Ewww...those pants almost would make us look like basketball officials with hats on doing football. Just the stripes on the sides are the only thing that makes that picture go away. But still, why screw with tradition?

mcarr Tue Jun 23, 2009 02:29pm

From my man Jeremy at Honig's:

"They have belt loops that will fit a 1 3/4" belt through them."

Bob M. Tue Jun 23, 2009 03:44pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reffing Rev. (Post 609591)
...I wear enough black in my day job.

REPLY: That's funny.:D

Texas Aggie Tue Jun 23, 2009 09:47pm

Quote:

The NFL pants have grown on me. I could live without the white stripe but I think it looks infinitely better than the contrasting black stripe on white knickers, which I think is atrocious.
I agree 100%. I like the idea of no football socks (I hate the damn things) and also no tight elastic above the calf area.

HOWEVER: 1) I'm not sure how good these pants look with the narrow striped shirts we wear at the HS/College level -- we've only seen them on the wider striped NFL shirts; and 2) We'll probably only wear them when we wear long sleeves. I've had exactly 1 long sleeve varsity game in the last 3 years. It just doesn't get that cold down here, even in November.

Honigs has these things for pre-order on their front page. You get the length done yourself, which is probably a good idea. No high-waters!

waltjp Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:08pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Welpe (Post 610377)
Don't be too hard on Walt...I think his eyes are just getting old. :eek:

Listen up, kid, anyone who pays attention would know that belt loops are the black pants that are coming available are highly desirable. And I do believe it was YOU that mentioned this in regard to the new CK pants that are coming out soon.

Now, if we follow LDUB's rationale, Honig's should also mention that they have a zippered fly on their knickers or you'd risk getting a pair without them. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Rich Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:59pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcarr (Post 610407)
From my man Jeremy at Honig's:

"They have belt loops that will fit a 1 3/4" belt through them."

Good guy, Jeremy.

So, Mike, with your pull with the WIAA, how about getting this (and black baseball umpire shirts) pushed through at your next opportunity. :)