The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #61 (permalink)  
Old Mon Feb 02, 2009, 03:17pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 622
Quote:
Originally Posted by zm1283 View Post
...Not reviewing the final play when Warner's arm was going forward was a complete joke.

You guys can kiss rear end all you want, but the Cardinals got hosed just like the Seahawks.
Warner's arm did move forward, WITHOUT THE BALL!!! If you're such a hotshot official you of all people would know that. My guess is that you're some flunky college kid who's just sobering up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRHvm52T_WE
Reply With Quote
  #62 (permalink)  
Old Mon Feb 02, 2009, 03:20pm
Adam's Avatar
Keeper of the HAMMER
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: MST
Posts: 27,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdf5 View Post
Warner's arm did move forward, WITHOUT THE BALL!!! If you're such a hotshot official you of all people would know that. My guess is that you're some flunky college kid who's just sobering up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRHvm52T_WE
Agreed about the arm. As much as I hated to admit it, it was a fumble. He waited too long to get rid of it. I was hoping it would be ruled incomplete, time put back on, and they'd get the 15 yards for the USC penalty for a better shot at the endzone. I really wanted Phoenix to win.

Helluva game, though.
__________________
Sprinkles are for winners.
Reply With Quote
  #63 (permalink)  
Old Mon Feb 02, 2009, 03:28pm
Do not give a damn!!
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: On the border
Posts: 28,184
That interpretation is called "Empty hands." Anyone that has done a college game or above should know that ruling. Then again, we are all not like zm1283.

Peace
__________________
"When the phone does not ring, the assignor is calling."
--Black

Charles Michael “Mick” Chambers (1947-2010)
Reply With Quote
  #64 (permalink)  
Old Mon Feb 02, 2009, 03:35pm
Archaic Power Monger
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 5,983
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
You've accused NFL officials as a whole as being incompetent and blantantly biased. And you have done so on more than one ocassion.
He's also gone as far as to slam all football officials.

OK, I'm truely done now. As Dirty Harry said, "A man's got to know his limitations."
__________________
Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there. - Will Rogers
Reply With Quote
  #65 (permalink)  
Old Mon Feb 02, 2009, 05:02pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 7
This is the same call Hochuli made & it was a fumble

I agree with the Officials in Super Bowl XLIII. They made the correct call on the play with Kurt Warner. It was a fumble!

Look @ this play on 6 Days to Sunday with Ed Hochuli.

This is the same kind of call Ed Hochuli made when Harrington was a QB for the Lions when they played the Cowboys a few years ago. This play is about 1 minute into the video.

You must have Real Player to view the video. This site will not allow me to post the video here, but you can go to NFL85.com & look under Pictures/Videos & go to the second page & about 3/4's of the way down click on 6 Days To Sunday Part 1.

Becky
Reply With Quote
  #66 (permalink)  
Old Mon Feb 02, 2009, 05:29pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The 503
Posts: 785
Apparently two people here have an ally in Jason Whitlock, who wrote a Fox Sports column today discussing the terrible officiating. If a sportswriter says it, it must be true!

Amazing and sad that with everything going on in this game he uses most of his column to bash the officials. Not all that surprising, though.
Reply With Quote
  #67 (permalink)  
Old Mon Feb 02, 2009, 05:33pm
Adam's Avatar
Keeper of the HAMMER
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: MST
Posts: 27,190
I normally like Whitlock, too. Unfortunate.
__________________
Sprinkles are for winners.
Reply With Quote
  #68 (permalink)  
Old Mon Feb 02, 2009, 05:50pm
Do not give a damn!!
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: On the border
Posts: 28,184
Quote:
Originally Posted by SethPDX View Post
Apparently two people here have an ally in Jason Whitlock, who wrote a Fox Sports column today discussing the terrible officiating. If a sportswriter says it, it must be true!

Amazing and sad that with everything going on in this game he uses most of his column to bash the officials. Not all that surprising, though.
Jason Whitlock is usually a dumbazz no matter what he is talking about. He went to HS with Jeff George and he thought he was the greatest QB ever.

Always consider the source.

Peace
__________________
"When the phone does not ring, the assignor is calling."
--Black

Charles Michael “Mick” Chambers (1947-2010)
Reply With Quote
  #69 (permalink)  
Old Mon Feb 02, 2009, 07:46pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,643
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
Jason Whitlock is usually a dumbazz no matter what he is talking about. He went to HS with Jeff George and he thought he was the greatest QB ever.

Always consider the source.

Peace
Yeah he is an idiot. Check out this quote from the article....."For the Cardinals, it was 11-on-17 for much of the evening." Either he doesn't know that there are 7 officials on the field or he thinks that 11+7=17.
Reply With Quote
  #70 (permalink)  
Old Mon Feb 02, 2009, 08:08pm
Do not give a damn!!
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: On the border
Posts: 28,184
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDUB View Post
Yeah he is an idiot. Check out this quote from the article....."For the Cardinals, it was 11-on-17 for much of the evening." Either he doesn't know that there are 7 officials on the field or he thinks that 11+7=17.
And you wonder why athletes get a bad rap?

Peace
__________________
"When the phone does not ring, the assignor is calling."
--Black

Charles Michael “Mick” Chambers (1947-2010)
Reply With Quote
  #71 (permalink)  
Old Mon Feb 02, 2009, 10:31pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 14,612
Quote:
Originally Posted by archangel View Post
Who wants to bet he's about 24 yrs old?

If you added fljet and zm1234's ages together, you wouldn't get 24.
__________________
"...as cool as the other side of the pillow." - Stuart Scott

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith
Reply With Quote
  #72 (permalink)  
Old Mon Feb 02, 2009, 10:32pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by zm1283 View Post
I didn't even see the Holmes "Lebron" impersonation when it happened. How in the hell did they not nail him for 15? That is ALWAYS a penalty and they blew it. The whole "It was late and they had quit looking at him" is a lame excuse.

Not reviewing the final play when Warner's arm was going forward was a complete joke. I thought they've always said that the booth just decides if they play is worthy of review and the Referee actually looks at it and reviews it.

You guys can kiss rear end all you want, but the Cardinals got hosed just like the Seahawks.
they also missed the group celebration according to one of the Sirius nfl shows

the roughing the passer play was defintiely IG, they showed a replay on Nfl network that confirmed.

Even the ESPN crew was complaining about calling a roughing the holder,

Hey since Peirerra is retiring Im sure the NFL could get this bulletin board to be its new CYA VP of officiating!!!
Reply With Quote
  #73 (permalink)  
Old Mon Feb 02, 2009, 10:33pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by SethPDX View Post
Apparently two people here have an ally in Jason Whitlock, who wrote a Fox Sports column today discussing the terrible officiating. If a sportswriter says it, it must be true!

Amazing and sad that with everything going on in this game he uses most of his column to bash the officials. Not all that surprising, though.
just about every website in the country wrote an article about the lopsided calls, Yahoo had it as their main news topic last night. You should know since you live in Portland and live most of your live indoors or wearing a rain coat.
Reply With Quote
  #74 (permalink)  
Old Mon Feb 02, 2009, 10:43pm
Do not give a damn!!
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: On the border
Posts: 28,184
Quote:
Originally Posted by fljet View Post
they also missed the group celebration according to one of the Sirius nfl shows

the roughing the passer play was defintiely IG, they showed a replay on Nfl network that confirmed.

Even the ESPN crew was complaining about calling a roughing the holder,

Hey since Peirerra is retiring Im sure the NFL could get this bulletin board to be its new CYA VP of officiating!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fljet View Post
just about every website in the country wrote an article about the lopsided calls, Yahoo had it as their main news topic last night. You should know since you live in Portland and live most of your live indoors or wearing a rain coat.
You are honestly quoting or referencing media people? The same people that think there should not be a roughing the holder call and a player that got run over?

Dude, do you have a girlfriend yet?

Peace
__________________
"When the phone does not ring, the assignor is calling."
--Black

Charles Michael “Mick” Chambers (1947-2010)
Reply With Quote
  #75 (permalink)  
Old Mon Feb 02, 2009, 10:47pm
Archaic Power Monger
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 5,983
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post

Dude, do you have a girlfriend yet?

Peace
Probably too busy watching NFL games, trolling officiating forums and playing World of Warcraft.
__________________
Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there. - Will Rogers
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
dumbass, fanboy, good night-gracie, idiot

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
** Superbowl XL Crew ** JugglingReferee Football 65 Sun Feb 26, 2006 06:11pm
Superbowl Officials menigirl Feedback 0 Tue Sep 28, 2004 01:19am
2 questionable calls Greyhounds30 Football 6 Fri Sep 24, 2004 06:59pm
Anyone Going To Houston for the SuperBowl whiskers_ump Softball 11 Thu Feb 05, 2004 02:42pm
Superbowl apartment for rent!! SuperbowlHouston Football 1 Mon Jan 19, 2004 03:46am


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:36pm.



Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0 RC1