The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Dec 30, 2008, 01:02am
Official Forum Member

Mizzou/Northwestern game

Can someone explain something I saw in this game occur more than once. Northwestern is in the spread with QB and running back lined up in the backfield. The running back is in a two point stance but appeared to be bouncing and not set prior to the snap. I saw this multiple times in the small amount of the game I saw so I am assuming it happened throughout. Has the interpretation of being set prior to the snap changed to allow this. My understanding the crew that worked the game was a good veteren bunch.
Anyone else see this???

Last edited by muxbule; Wed Dec 31, 2008 at 02:02am.
Old Tue Dec 30, 2008, 08:10am
Official Forum Member

"The running back is in a two point stance but appeared to be bouncing and not set prior to the snap."

In addition to Mux's observations, I saw the Mizz RB's several times, in a 2pt stance, leaning forward, toward the LS, just prior to the snap. They never took a step but it was very obvious they were moving, sometimes with another player in motion. Just piggie backing Mux's posting.
Old Tue Dec 30, 2008, 09:41am
Official Forum Member

I only paid close attention to the overtime period, but I noticed the same as muxbule. A player for Northwestern would go in motion and then stop near the quarterback in shotgun formation, but would basically run in place until the snap.

I believe that the crew was from the ACC, at least the R (Jack Childress) was.
Old Wed Dec 31, 2008, 09:30am
Official Forum Member

Did not see the game but what is wrong with running in place? He was in motion and continued in motion until the snap As long as he was the only player moving, it is not a shift so there is no need for him to stop moving.