The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Oct 19, 2008, 04:51pm
Official Forum Member

Bears-Vikings DPI

Bears were up by 10 early in the 4th and went for it on 4th and goal from 1. Orton threw a pass in the back of the end zone that went incomplete. At least 2 flags came in and I knew it would be pass interference. I'm a Vikings fan and at first thought the defender was lying on the ground and the receiver just ran over him. On the reply however it looked like a very easy call. The Bears scored on the next play to go up 48-31. The Bears end up winning 48-41.

When I flipped over to watch the start of the Colts game, the studio show on CBS were talking about how bad that DPI call was. As a fan watching it with purple glasses I thought it was spot on. The defender did not make a play on the ball. He made contact with the receiver, then fell down on front of him preventing him from getting to the ball. Anyone watching the studio show though will probably think the officials got it wrong.
Old Mon Oct 20, 2008, 12:27am
Official Forum Member

It was DPI with the orange-colored glasses too. And they didn't like it in the booth, either. "It wasn't his fault he slipped."
Old Mon Oct 20, 2008, 08:17am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to MNBlue
Another Purple fan and I thought it was a good call. He contacted the receiver prior to falling down in front of the receiver.

NFHS, NCAA, NAFA
"If the rule you followed brought you to this, of what use was the rule?" Anton Chigurh - "No Country for Old Men"
Old Mon Oct 20, 2008, 08:24am
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBlue View Post
Another Purple fan and I thought it was a good call. He contacted the receiver prior to falling down in front of the receiver.

I missed the contact part. From what I saw he attempted to impede the receiver by putting his hands out like a "t" but the receiver pulled up.
Old Tue Oct 21, 2008, 12:26am
I drank what?

Send a message via MSN to w_sohl
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBlue View Post
Even if he just fell down wouldn't it be DPI unless they tangled? For example. Running down field and I get my own feet tangled trying to turn and I fall into the receiver. DPI, right? It is only ignored if they both tangle up right?