The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Oct 07, 2007, 04:12pm
I Bleed Crimson

NCAA PF Enforcement

At the Washington State/Arizona State game there was a PF called. It was a defensive lineman on the rush was called for illegal hands to the face. My curiosity is on the enforcement.

Down and distance doesn't matter, but ASU dropped back to pass. During the rush, after the ball was thrown but before it was caught, WSU is flagged for illegal hands to the face. The pass was completed for about 10 yards. The enforcement at the game was 15 yards from the previous spot.

Is this the correct enforcement? I'm a Fed guy, and it makes sense, since it is a foul during a loose ball play. The only special enforcement is for RTP, which indicates it is 15 yards from the end of the last run when the last run ends beyond the NZ (and no COP), otherwise from the previous spot.
Old Sun Oct 07, 2007, 05:59pm
Official Forum Member

The enforcement in NCAA is 15 yards from the previous spot AND an automatic first down. The automatic first down accompanies all PF penalties in NCAA.
Old Sun Oct 07, 2007, 09:17pm
I Bleed Crimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJT
The enforcement in NCAA is 15 yards from the previous spot AND an automatic first down. The automatic first down accompanies all PF penalties in NCAA.
I remember the AFD for PFs in NCAA. Is this a previous spot enforcement because it was a loose ball play? Or because the foul occurred behind the LOS? Why not tacked onto the end of the run?
Old Sun Oct 07, 2007, 10:16pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suudy
I remember the AFD for PFs in NCAA. Is this a previous spot enforcement because it was a loose ball play? Or because the foul occurred behind the LOS? Why not tacked onto the end of the run?
Yes, cuz it was a loose ball play.

I think you are confusing this with offensive fouls behind the LOS, which many are enforced from the PS. Those A fouls behind the LOS that are enforced from the PS are the IF-HIP fouls (Illegal use of hands, Facemask, Holding, Illegal blocks, and Personal fouls.