The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Sep 26, 2007, 01:50am
Official Forum Member

Team Box and Repainting

I've worked a few fields this year that had space for a good team box and restraining line, but they are still too close to the Field of Play. I've thought about just bringing two cans of spray paint with me to games (especially, when I know I'm going to a place where the lines are too close to the field of play).

I would have a can of green paint to cover up the bad white lines that were too close to the FOP and a can of white paint that I would use to repaint the lines where they were supposed to be located.

Thoughts?

Last edited by HL Clippenchain; Wed Sep 26, 2007 at 01:52am.
Old Wed Sep 26, 2007, 05:41am
Official Forum Member

Are you Serious???

Report this to game management and if neccessary, the state office.
Old Wed Sep 26, 2007, 07:59am
Official Forum Member

If you are going to get that serious about where the lines are then you should go to the field as soon as you get to the game site and inspect these lines. If you find them incorrectly placed, you should then request game management to remark the field correctly. However I wouldn't expect it to be done. Then you can write your report to the state and know that the site has knowledge that their field is incorrectly marked. My guess is that most people who mark game fields incorrectly don't realize their error. And if we don't tell them they never will.

Don't remark a field yourself.
Old Wed Sep 26, 2007, 08:48am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HL Clippenchain
I've worked a few fields this year that had space for a good team box and restraining line, but they are still too close to the Field of Play. I've thought about just bringing two cans of spray paint with me to games (especially, when I know I'm going to a place where the lines are too close to the field of play).

I would have a can of green paint to cover up the bad white lines that were too close to the FOP and a can of white paint that I would use to repaint the lines where they were supposed to be located.

Thoughts?
Ugh. There are people responsible for this - leave this to those people.

I can just see this happening - you go reline something, something horrible happens and some litigator decides to go after you because you made the lines slightly incorrectly. Ugh. Stay away from this.

West Houston Mike