The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Sep 04, 2007, 09:21am
Official Forum Member

Out of Time Outs

Hey board, I have a question about something I observed this weekend while reffing a rec game. The R for the game seemed to be doing everything in his power to give the game to the other team, but that's another subject..... Team A was out of time outs and a member of team A requested a time out. The R stated that this was unsportsmanlike conduct and penalized them 15 yards. Note that they didn't get the time out and the kids were 6 graders. Was he correct in his administration? Shouldn't he just ignored the request and if any thing penalize for delay of game?
Old Tue Sep 04, 2007, 09:26am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewGaRef
Hey board, I have a question about something I observed this weekend while reffing a rec game. The R for the game seemed to be doing everything in his power to give the game to the other team, but that's another subject..... Team A was out of time outs and a member of team A requested a time out. The R stated that this was unsportsmanlike conduct and penalized them 15 yards. Note that they didn't get the time out and the kids were 6 graders. Was he correct in his administration? Shouldn't he just ignored the request and if any thing penalize for delay of game?
He should've told the team they were out of time outs. That's all.
Old Tue Sep 04, 2007, 11:01am
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Lightbulb Canadian Ruling

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewGaRef
We just tell them that they are out of timeouts. No foul was committed.