Go Back   The Official Forum > Football

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Oct 28, 2006, 09:16am
Official Forum Member

No argument there, Smiley.

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith
Old Sat Oct 28, 2006, 10:12am
Official Forum Member

My first year reffing Pop Warner, I had not one but 2.

Backwards pass, I called incomplete. Crew let me know about it

later in the 3rd quater, had another backwards pass.

Yup you guessed it ...

Good thing is, I will NEVER ever do it again
Old Sat Oct 28, 2006, 01:18pm
Official Forum Member

Thumbs up

Last night, in a 3 play sequence, our white hat, on an incomplete pass into the endzone with less than a second left, put the ball in play for an untimed down (B was rather non-plussed, the rest of our crew was shall we say horrified/mystified). On the ensuing field goal attempt, the kick was blocked into the awating hands of a corner back about 15 yards from the LOS with about 98 yards of green baby. Except for one thing. Our WH had blown his whistle immediately upon the block being kicked. B knew that an IW meant another crack at if for A, but he really wasn't digging on it if you know what I mean. The second field goal attempt was blocked also. On two occasions last night, I explained to him that we were enforcing the holding calls our field judge has been repeatedly throwing 10-15 yards ahead of the play from the suceeding spot not the flag. And you guys think you've had tough nights. .
Old Sun Oct 29, 2006, 09:37am
Official Forum Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenOfNC
My third year, and I had my first IW tonight (JV game). Was back on a punt, kick bounces of an R shoulder pad, mad scramble ensues. Pile of kids digging for the ball. So naturally I'm killing the clock to start digging through the pile to find the ball. Out the corner of my eye, I see somebody running. An R player with the ball shooting up the sideline. Linesman tells me the ball squirted out the back of the pile and was lying between a kids legs on the backside of the pile. Arghhhh!!!!!

Didn't realize how dirty they make you feel the rest of the night. Still have a sour taste in my mouth this morning.

Oh well, gotta brush it off before tonight.
Drop the whistle out of your mouth after the snap and after a free kick is kicked. Now you know the reason for this!
Old Sun Oct 29, 2006, 07:27pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forksref
Drop the whistle out of your mouth after the snap and after a free kick is kicked. Now you know the reason for this!
Last week, had a cold game, so was wearing some gloves. Well, right out of the chute, had a false start. Went for the whistle, couldn't grasp it because of the gloves, couldn't grab the flag, so about 2-3 seconds into the play, finally got the play killed. Needless to say, it rattled the marbles, so it ruined me for at least the next five minutes. After the first touchdown, was relating my misery to the crew, and they gave me the "whistle" technique. Started to use it and it really helps. I have always kept it out to avoid IW's, but it actually helped on a few FS's. Just remember to spit it out at the snap.