The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Aug 26, 2006, 02:54am
Official Forum Member

NFHS football test

Does anyone have the answers for the NFHS test, we have a group study session Monday and we are reviewing the test that we took, we have the questions but need the answers to review as a crew. If you can post them that would be great, if not I understand but you can also email them to me. Any help would be appreciated.
Old Sat Aug 26, 2006, 09:46am
Official Forum Member

Part I or II?
Old Sat Aug 26, 2006, 10:38am
Official Forum Member

They're in the book. Split the qustions up and look them up.

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith
Old Sat Aug 26, 2006, 04:33pm
Official Forum Member

Part 2 Federation Test. You can email me the answers if you dont feel like posting them on here. My email is [email protected]
Old Sun Aug 27, 2006, 01:30am
Official Forum Member

The national test date is Tuesday. If someone has the answers, they're unlikely to mail them to you until after that date.

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith
Old Tue Aug 29, 2006, 07:54am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to FootballRef05
Looking for the answer key for 2006 Part II, can anyone help?
Old Tue Aug 29, 2006, 08:28am
Official Forum Member

BBRef... Have some already taken it?
I thought it was given on the same day all over the country.
Old Tue Aug 29, 2006, 08:37am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by William C
BBRef... Have some already taken it?
I thought it was given on the same day all over the country.
We used to take the exam the Tuesday after Labor Day however they changed it last year. We will take the exam tonight, I was just curious if the answers were out there. It seems like someone gets there every year.

Funny thing last year I got 8 0r 9 a head of time and 3 were wrong. I hoipe no one depends on getting the answers in advance.
Old Tue Aug 29, 2006, 08:47am
Official Forum Member

Thanks.
I was wondering what was going on.
I do know --somehow folks have gotten it before hand.
I do know a guy that got a call once and the caller said he had the answers.
My friend knew the rule book backwards and forwards --but wrote the answers down --to check them after he took the test.
He ended up making in the high 90's. If he had used the answers that were given to him --he'd have made in the 60's !!!!
So -- I'd be leery of using answers that were given to you.
Old Tue Aug 29, 2006, 09:26am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by William C
Thanks.
I was wondering what was going on.
I do know --somehow folks have gotten it before hand.
I do know a guy that got a call once and the caller said he had the answers.
My friend knew the rule book backwards and forwards --but wrote the answers down --to check them after he took the test.
He ended up making in the high 90's. If he had used the answers that were given to him --he'd have made in the 60's !!!!
So -- I'd be leery of using answers that were given to you.
I have been given the answers in the past and use them only as a check once I took the exam. Most of the answers were correct, but I was certain they would be in my case because of the source I got them from.

Honestly, you can't depend on passing the test because you have the answer, they won't help you out on the football field. I scored a 96 last year and usually score in the mid 90's without any help. Read the rule book and case book and there shouldn't be any issues with passing.
Old Wed Aug 30, 2006, 07:14am
Official Forum Member

I took Part II of the exam last night and I have to say, compared to the past several years I thought this was one of the easier Part II exams I have seen. There were only a few questions that were "wordy" or fell into the "english exam" catagory.

Anyone else the took it have thoughts on it?
Old Wed Aug 30, 2006, 07:20am
Official Forum Member

I have the Part II exam and Answers

I have to say that the exam was mostly question from 2005 part II exam. I would say about 65 out of the 100 question.. LOL
Old Wed Aug 30, 2006, 08:17am
Chain of Fools

I still say the best way to study for the test

is to save your old Part I & II questions and sit down and repeatedly take the last few years, keeping the new rule changes from those years in mind. I have printed up a #1-100 anwser sheet on MS Word sit down at the kitchen table to take the test. Many of the questions are used over and over again.

That is not to say I don't read the rule book. I've got it plus rules by topic and Reddings guide too. The case book plays tend to make me cross-eyed plus it gets corrected so often. I only use that if I'm stuck on a play scenario.

When I check my test answers, I then take the ones I miss and check them against the rule references to discover why I missed them.

When I went to this method of studying, my test scores improved dramatically.

Last edited by HLin NC; Wed Aug 30, 2006 at 08:18am. Reason: spelling
Old Wed Aug 30, 2006, 08:50am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLin NC
is to save your old Part I & II questions and sit down and repeatedly take the last few years, keeping the new rule changes from those years in mind. I have printed up a #1-100 anwser sheet on MS Word sit down at the kitchen table to take the test. Many of the questions are used over and over again.

That is not to say I don't read the rule book. I've got it plus rules by topic and Reddings guide too. The case book plays tend to make me cross-eyed plus it gets corrected so often. I only use that if I'm stuck on a play scenario.

When I check my test answers, I then take the ones I miss and check them against the rule references to discover why I missed them.

When I went to this method of studying, my test scores improved dramatically.
Another thing is the ARS CD Rom, I used it this year to prepare for the exam and there were countless questions on the exam that I answered over and over using the practice exams. Great too in my opinion.
Old Wed Aug 30, 2006, 08:52am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballRef05
I took Part II of the exam last night and I have to say, compared to the past several years I thought this was one of the easier Part II exams I have seen. There were only a few questions that were "wordy" or fell into the "english exam" catagory.

Anyone else the took it have thoughts on it?
Yeah, I was thinking that too. It still has glaring flaws, but there were relatively fewer questions that were just plain broken.