The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Nov 07, 2005, 10:53am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via MSN to grantsrc
Talking

Our last regular season game was this past Friday and we had something that I've never seen before.

When R and U went out for the pregame conference, the visitors were wearing Red jerseys, not the traditional white. The home coaches didn't seem to mind but the administration was a little uneasy with it. Apparently they have a color blind player. We checked the book and found that if push comes to shove, the home team would change.

So come 6:30 we head out for our pregame duties and sure enough, red jerseys. They head in for one last word of encouragement and come out of the locker room wearing their white jerseys. Pretty comical.

Any of you had this before? Do you think it would ever give an advantage to either team? In this case they lost so no biggie.
Old Mon Nov 07, 2005, 11:37am
Official Forum Member

First I would go and ask the visitors why they did not wear their light colored jerseys. They know they are required to wear those and not the dark ones. In my state there would be a report sent in on them. After talking with the visitors and finding out they don't have any other jerseys then you can decide if the teams look different enough to let them play, red jerseys for the visitors and blue jerseys for the home team. However if there is not enough difference between the teams then you need to have the home team change.

I had a kids game earlier this year when the visitors came in blue jerseys and the home team also had blue jerseys. We went out and started talking about it and finally the home team changed to white.

I also worked a jv game years ago where the visitors knew that the home team's main color was black but wore their black jerseys anyway. We found enough of the orange mesh pull-overs and made the visitors wear those. Their coach knew their jerseys were the same color so we made his team go to the trouble of wearing the pull-overs. Also his team had fewer players so it was easier for his team to wear them so they weren't changing them all the time.
Old Mon Nov 07, 2005, 02:26pm
Official Forum Member

No rules about what colors they warm up in, are there? This sounds calculated as a head-game with the home team... perhaps it worked a bit on your crew and with game admin as well.

I've seen the visitors wear dark occasionally, but always with prior agreement with the home team (or perhaps even at the request of the home team... see Dallas Cowboys).