The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Jun 15, 2005, 02:37am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to cowbyfan1 Send a message via Yahoo to cowbyfan1
I think mine would be the first time I "tried" to make a call. Pass play to the corner of the end zone. I watch the ball all the ways out of bounds. Miss a DPI and then signal foul ball. Grreat start!

Need an out, get an out. Need a run, balk it in.
Old Thu Jun 16, 2005, 12:56pm
Official Forum Member

http://groups.msn.com/galatasarayfanaticos
Old Thu Jun 16, 2005, 05:20pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by necati_ates
http://groups.msn.com/galatasarayfanaticos
Embarrassing indeed.
Old Tue Jun 21, 2005, 12:12pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by grantsrc
Var FB game at an old stadium here in KC, MO. Stands and press box are right on top of the field. The field is used by 3 teams so it gets very beat up. They cover the sideline area with a tarp so it doesn’t get muddy. I was walking the sidelines before the game when the band takes the field for the Anthem. I am right in front of the band, which is directly in front of the stands and box. I look around for another member of the crew to try to meet up with him and get out of the way. Our BJ is 15-20 yards away so I start trotting to them. As I am running on the sidelines, I step in this HUGE hole on the sidelines that was covered up by the tarp and roll my ankle. I literally rolled like 2 or 3 times, right in front of the band and the stands. I get up, realize I did a number on my ankle, and sit down on the bench. A trainer was right there and starts taping up my ankle. R comes over and starts giving me a hard time about it all. Next thing I now, a fan comes up to R and says, “Do I need to go to the car and get my stuff?” NFL official (can’t remember his name, he’s on Hochili’s crew) who has a son playing in the game. That was the first time I ever met an NFL official. I bet I made a great first impression.
I work the game, limping the entire time, and my knickers got filthy when I rolled on the tarp. I am LJ so my dirty backside was to the stands the entire game. In the 3rd quarter the head coach finally comes up to me and asks, “What happened to your pants?” I explained the story. I never heard a head coach laugh so hard.

Baseball: Working a 13 year old game. Pitch bounces between catchers legs right up to my crotch (for lack of a better term). I wasn’t wearing a cup so I got it good. I stumbled down the third base-line, everyone knew what happened. I sit down for like 30 minutes. People were laughing/cringing in the stands. I ended up going to my car, changing out of my plate stuff, and working the rest of the game from behind the mound. Few days later, I was working a tournament across town (at least 30 minutes away), now wearing my cup of course. I hear a young kid in the stands say, “That’s the ump who got hit in the b*lls!” Turns out he was playing in the game when I got hit and his brother was playing in the tournament.
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
Old Tue Jun 28, 2005, 10:01pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to waltjp
Embarrassing

My most embarrassing moment came during a 14/15 year old baseball tournament game a 2 years ago. I had umpired for over a dozen years before this game but this was the first time working in this league and with these umpires.

When I arrived at the game I found my partners (3-man crew) and introduced myself. We all got ourselves ready as we did our pregame and then got to it.

We get to the top of the second, runner on first, no outs. The batter hits a line drive to left center. One ump goes out to watch for a catch. I take a step torward 3b, stop, turn to my left...and puke.

I had woken up that morning feeling a bit queezy but didn't want my 'new' partners thinking I was trying to weasle out of working the plate on a hot July day. I remember the only thought running through my head, "Don't get the shoes. Don't get the shoes."

Just this past weekend I had the pleasure of working with one of the guys who was on that game with me. His first words as I got out of the car ... "Aren't you the guy..."

Yup.
Old Wed Jun 29, 2005, 03:41am
Official Forum Member

Nice one waltjp... ;-)

This one might be slightly off topic, but it is one of the best videoclips I've seen:
http://www.nettxtra.no/mediasenter/d...?image_id=1428

I believe this guy is Spanish, but I'm not sure. I especially like when he "tells" the coach to stop complaining.

Priceless!
Old Fri Jul 01, 2005, 06:26am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to cowbyfan1 Send a message via Yahoo to cowbyfan1
Quote:
Originally posted by Dommer1
Nice one waltjp... ;-)

This one might be slightly off topic, but it is one of the best videoclips I've seen:
http://www.nettxtra.no/mediasenter/d...?image_id=1428

I believe this guy is Spanish, but I'm not sure. I especially like when he "tells" the coach to stop complaining.

Priceless!
ugh!

Need an out, get an out. Need a run, balk it in.
Old Sun Jul 03, 2005, 09:59pm
tpaul

Re: Embarrassing

Quote:
Originally posted by waltjp
My most embarrassing moment came during a 14/15 year old baseball tournament game a 2 years ago. I had umpired for over a dozen years before this game but this was the first time working in this league and with these umpires.

When I arrived at the game I found my partners (3-man crew) and introduced myself. We all got ourselves ready as we did our pregame and then got to it.

We get to the top of the second, runner on first, no outs. The batter hits a line drive to left center. One ump goes out to watch for a catch. I take a step torward 3b, stop, turn to my left...and puke.

I had woken up that morning feeling a bit queezy but didn't want my 'new' partners thinking I was trying to weasle out of working the plate on a hot July day. I remember the only thought running through my head, "Don't get the shoes. Don't get the shoes."

Just this past weekend I had the pleasure of working with one of the guys who was on that game with me. His first words as I got out of the car ... "Aren't you the guy..."

Yup.
real nice Walt!