The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Jan 22, 2005, 10:28am
Official Forum Member

K's ball 4th and 10 from team K's 20. K24 muffs the snap and recovers the ball at the K's 13 yard line. He picks up the ball runs to K's 22 yardline where he finally kicks the ball. K41 interferes with R81's opportunity to catch the ball at the R42. R81 finally recovers the ball at the R40 and during his return R72 blocks a K player in the back at R's 45. R81 is finally tackled at K's 30.

Both codes certainly welcome but as always please specify what code you're referring to in your response.
Old Sat Jan 22, 2005, 11:25am
Official Forum Member

NCAA Ball was dead as soon as it was kicked at the Team A 22 yard line. 5 yard penalty to the 17 and it will be 1st and 10 for Team B.

All that other stuff was when ball was dead and it appears to be the crew's fault for not killing the action so I would wave all that (KCI, BIB ) off.
Old Sat Jan 22, 2005, 07:12pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ljudge
K's ball 4th and 10 from team K's 20. K24 muffs the snap and recovers the ball at the K's 13 yard line. He picks up the ball runs to K's 22 yardline where he finally kicks the ball. K41 interferes with R81's opportunity to catch the ball at the R42. R81 finally recovers the ball at the R40 and during his return R72 blocks a K player in the back at R's 45. R81 is finally tackled at K's 30.

Both codes certainly welcome but as always please specify what code you're referring to in your response.
NF ruling: There is no foul for kick catching interference since it is not a legal scrimmage kick. It is an illegal kick, which is treated as a fumble in NF. This is a 15 yard penalty from the spot of the illegal kick, but if R accepts K's penalty, R's foul will result in a double foul and a replay of the down. If R declines the illegal kick, their foul for BIB must be enforced. It would be 1-10 at the 45, (55 yards for a TD) since foul would be enforced from the spot of the foul as it was behind the end of the run.

NCAA ruling: This is an illegal kick and the ball becomes dead becomes dead at the spot of the illegal kick. It is a 5 yard penalty from the previous spot, 1-10 for Team B at the 17.
Old Sun Jan 23, 2005, 08:34am
Official Forum Member

That's what I was looking for, MJT. The illegal nature of the kick negates any flags for KCI. The BJ should have dropped a flag because he would have no way of knowing from that far down field that kick was illegal. Just check the math on the enforcement. Should be the 35.
Old Sun Jan 23, 2005, 09:00am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by MJT
NCAA ruling: This is an illegal kick and the ball becomes dead becomes dead at the spot of the illegal kick. It is a 5 yard penalty from the previous spot, 1-10 for Team B at the 17.
You are right on the enforcement spot (previous spot which was A-20) which I missed as I said from spot of kick (A-22).
But that puts ball at the A-15, not the A-17.

1st and 10 for B due to LOD provision.
Old Sun Jan 23, 2005, 10:11am
Official Forum Member

Ya, I got my R's and K's messed up, should be 35, and I guess yesterday subtracting by 5 was to difficult for me.
Old Sun Jan 23, 2005, 12:09pm
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Lightbulb Canadian Ruling

Quote:
Originally posted by ljudge

NY on K41
UR on K41
BR on R72

R1D/10 @ K53.
Old Mon Jan 24, 2005, 03:53pm
Official Forum Member

Ok, I've been meaning to ask for a while: what, exactly, does a foul for No Yards entail?
Old Mon Jan 24, 2005, 05:53pm
Official Forum Member

No Yards penalty: Think first-touch by the kicking team on a rolling punt (NCAA or NFL).
Old Mon Jan 24, 2005, 07:07pm
Official Forum Member

In the NCAA code we refer to those as "violations" not fouls.
Old Tue Jan 25, 2005, 12:26pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by TXMike
In the NCAA code we refer to those as "violations" not fouls.
Yeah, I have this strange visualization of some 300 pound lineman going to the referee. "Mr. Referee, sir, I believe I have just been violated."

What are you going to tell him, TXMike?
Old Tue Jan 25, 2005, 12:54pm
Official Forum Member

[/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah, I have this strange visualization of some 300 pound lineman going to the referee. "Mr. Referee, sir, I believe I have just been violated."

What are you going to tell him, TXMike? [/B][/QUOTE]

You must be referring to "illegal touching"