The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Oct 03, 2004, 10:16pm
Official Forum Member

That's cool, I thought I was the only one that practiced flag throwing, but I just toss it around the backyard, I've never thought of going to a stadium to try it, that sounds like it'd be more effective.

I too carry my torpedo flag NFL style, and after listing to the advice of many on this forum have started to carry my old washer flag as a spare in the back pocket, (you know for one of those plays where you make a really good call, but the coach doesn't seem to like it and it results in an OC on him that hasn't happened yet, but I'm always prepared for it ) I'm sure there are other reasons to have a spare flag, (dual and double foul situations), a play with a penalty that ends with an offside pass, etc.

You guys put 5 guys on the field in minor? i wonder what lakeshore thinks about that, they always seem to make a comment when we mention that we use 4 man crews for all tackle games Your association must have quite a good amount of members to allow for that. I know that for all highschool games, we have 4 officials and a timer (usally a retired official, sometimes I have a few timing games on the scheduel) In the playoffs we provide the stick crew. For minor, we have 4 guys on field, a downbox with 2 parent volunteers on the yardsticks and a timer.

[Edited by ref18 on Oct 3rd, 2004 at 11:43 PM]
Old Mon Oct 04, 2004, 12:12am
Official Forum Member

OK we have a racket, 5 Officials for High school Varsity, 3 chain crew and clock operator. For the playoffs (which start Sat) six officials, clock, chain crew, and 2 ball people.
Old Mon Oct 04, 2004, 08:54am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally posted by North Pole Alaska Ref
OK we have a racket, 5 Officials for High school Varsity, 3 chain crew and clock operator. For the playoffs (which start Sat) six officials, clock, chain crew, and 2 ball people.
Only five officials? Put seven on the field and let the home team provide the chain crew like everywhere else.