Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Sep 02, 2004, 04:34pm
Do not give a damn!!

Re: Re: HUH

Quote:
Originally posted by WindyCityBlue

According to CNN, he has been a legislator for over fifty years. They claimed he did it while Governor, thus the original wording of my post. He also voted against affirmative action while in that seat.
How can a Governor veto an act that is being considered by Congress? Hmm

Do not answer, just found that statement odd. Ummm

Peace
Old Thu Sep 02, 2004, 04:55pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
Quote:
Are you opposed to getting his name right?

As I said, and you ignored, his name is Zell Miller!
You sure it's not Lophonso Ellis?
Your-An-***-ic,

Do you really want to start another battle? I thought you were just preaching about respect and expecting more from officials. Tsk, tsk!!!
Sorry.

I know that I shouldn't bait weaker officials.
Old Thu Sep 02, 2004, 07:12pm
Official Forum Member

A lot of us in Georgia are proud of him!

MILLER, Zell Bryan, a Senator from Georgia; born in Young Harris, Georgia, on February 24, 1932; graduated Young Harris College 1953; served in U.S. marine corps 1953-1956; graduated University of Georgia 1957, MastersÂ’ degree 1958; businessman; professor of political science and history; mayor of Young Harris 1959-1961; Georgia state senator 1961-1965; member, state Board of Pardons and Paroles 1973-1975; lieutenant governor of Georgia 1975-1991; Governor of Georgia 1991-1999; appointed on July 24, 2000, as a Democrat to the United States Senate to fill the vacancy caused by the death of Paul Coverdell; took the oath of office on July 27, 2000; elected as a Democrat to the United States Senate in a November 2000 special election for the remainder of the term ending January 3, 2005.

He has said many controversial things and some IMHO have been right on. Such as, when he said on the Senate floor that rap music is crap.
Old Thu Sep 02, 2004, 07:28pm
Official Forum Member

Question HUH again

Quote:

According to CNN, he has been a legislator for over fifty years. They claimed he did it while Governor, thus the original wording of my post. He also voted against affirmative action while in that seat.
For someone who constantly challenges Rutledge's veracity, you are mighty sloppy with your facts. Miller was in the Marine Corps until 1956 so he could not have been a legislator for "over 50 years." His Senate bio says that he entered politics in 1960. That was 44 years ago, not over "fifty years." He was selected as the Democratic Party's keynote convention speaker in 1992 to nominate Bill Clinton. This is hardly an honor that would have gone to a racist/right wing sympathizer as you made him out to be.

Miller was in the Georgia Legislature from 1960-64. The issue of affirmative action had not yet been invented in that time frame so he could not have voted against it. He was a two term Georgia governer in the 1990's and according to the archives of the Atlanta Constitution, he was selected as America's best governor in 1998. This is a hardly an honor that would have been bestowed on a closet racist.

For someone who correctly belittles Rutledge for distorted facts and exaggerating, it appears that you are as guilty as he is. Voting against affirmative action is not the same as voting against the 1964 Civil Rights act as you claimed in your initial post. Lots of well meaning Americans, including our Supreme Court, have reservations about affirmative action.

Face it Windy, you lied. You are no better than the one that you constantly do battle with.
Old Thu Sep 02, 2004, 07:49pm
Do not give a damn!!

What does any of this have to do with the topic being discussed? I do not care what Zen, Zill, Zed did. I do not care what his political record is. I do not care what his future in politics. I do not care what the man had for breakfast in the morning.

I do think that folks spend a lot of time calling names around here. I do not think Windy is a liar because he got a fact incorrect. He does that all the time, but that does not make him a liar about this situation. And who cares if he is or not. This has nothing to do with the Big Ten Replay situation. My signature had nothing to do with this post. I just found the quote funny. This has nothing to do with post and has nothing to do with anything related to officiating or topics related to football.

I am going to close this post now. Windy, you know how to make a peaceful conversation into a crap house. Bob, your words are out of line. Windy is not lying, he is just misinformed. But that is often the case.

Peace
Closed Thread