The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Feb 16, 2004, 09:37pm
Official Forum Member

I like this board and we need to keep it active. I can read “the other one” when I’m less serious and need some laughs. Anyway I was looking through some files and came across these kick plays. We’ve probably already done them but I’m sure it couldn't hurt to go over them again. I’ve got about 25 so I’ll post 5 now and more if there’s interest

1) A 4/10 A35. A punts. While the ball is in the sir, B49 holds A’s flyer @ the 50. B19 catches the punt @ B35 and runs to B40 where he is tackled.

2) A 4/10 A40. A punts. B 19 catches the punt on B40, runs to the 50 where he is downed. During the run B 33 held on the B45.

3) A 4/10 A 40. A punts. The rolling punt is downed by A26 on B19. While the punt was rolling, B32 blocked low.

4) A 4/10 A40. A punts. B16 fair catches at B25. While the punt was in the air, B38 held at the B27. A 32 was illegally in motion at the snap.

5) A 4/10 A 40. A punts. While the punt is rolling, B27 blocks A62 low at the B40. B19 picks up the loose ball and runs to the 50 where he is tackled by his facemask by A27.
Old Tue Feb 17, 2004, 12:16am
Official Forum Member

I'll give it a shot. I don't have my books and it's the end of a long day(sounds like a normal game situation).

1) PSK - Assess B's penalty from B-35 1/10 B@B-25.

2) The penalty has occured after the kick has ended. Assess the penalty from the spot of the foul. 1/10 B@B-35.

3) Doesn't say say where B32's BBW was. If beyond NZ it will be a PSK enforcement. If the spot is the B-19 it will be 1/10 [email protected]

4) B can decline A's penalty and take the ball @ B17 after assessment of the holding penalty or accept A's penalty to have offsetting penalties. Team A would then rekick from A-40.

5) Again we have no idea where the kick ended. B's penalty will be enforced from PSK spot. The facemask came after the change of possession and at the end of the run. Assess facemask as PF(tackled by the facemask). This would be added on after assessing B's penalty.
Old Tue Feb 17, 2004, 12:03pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Matt-MI

5) Again we have no idea where the kick ended. B's penalty will be enforced from PSK spot. The facemask came after the change of possession and at the end of the run. Assess facemask as PF(tackled by the facemask). This would be added on after assessing B's penalty.
Doesn't B have to decline A’s penalty and have theirs assessed to keep this from being a double foul?

Old Tue Feb 17, 2004, 03:00pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by James Neil
Quote:
Originally posted by Matt-MI

Doesn't B have to decline A’s penalty and have theirs assessed to keep this from being a double foul?

REPLY: You're correct Jim. But it's important to remember that this may not be an "automatic" for R. If the kick ended deep in R's territory, he might be better off accepting the penalty for A's face mask and choosing the replay. Don't forget to give R that option.
Old Tue Feb 17, 2004, 05:03pm
Official Forum Member

James,
That was one of my first thoughts but then I had time to second guess my self.