The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Jan 21, 2004, 08:22am
Official Forum Member

Is it just remotely possible that those DB's who were "being flagged all season for holding" were not in these games????????
Old Wed Jan 21, 2004, 03:26pm
Official Forum Member

Smile Most flags?

I keep hearing coments about the most flags thrown. If evaluators are looking at each play and from what I understand they do, it does not matter who throws the most flags but who throws the most flags that should be thrown. I fail to see how number of flags thrown can be perceived as determining the quality of the officiating!
Old Thu Jan 22, 2004, 10:37pm
Official Forum Member

Good white hats, but here in So. Cal we are pulling for Tony Corrente. (my former hs. instructor)
Old Thu Jan 22, 2004, 10:40pm
Official Forum Member

God white hats, but here in So. Cal. we are pulling for Tony Corrente. (my former h.s. instructor)
Old Fri Jan 23, 2004, 12:31pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to johnSandlin Send a message via Yahoo to johnSandlin
Has Tony worked a playoff game this season as the white hat? I know that I have missed a couple of the games, so that is why I was wondering?

Normally, Super Bowl officiating invites are only given to officials that I have rounds prior to the conference championship games.

If my information is wrong, please feel free to correct me and give correct information.
Old Fri Jan 23, 2004, 01:18pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Snake~eyes
Here's one: http://members.tripod.com/refereestats/
John, check out the link from above, it lists the crews as they have been so far. I don't see Tony in there unless he was an alternate, I didn't look that close.
Old Fri Jan 23, 2004, 01:27pm
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

I'm attending a national officiating conference last this year and there's a rumour that the guest speaker is Jerry Seeman.

I've met Red Cashion and now perhaps Jerry Seeman. Looking forward to it...
Old Fri Jan 23, 2004, 01:30pm
Official Forum Member

Tony C. was an ALT for the NFC Wild Card game between Seattly and Green Bay.
Old Fri Jan 23, 2004, 02:27pm
Official Forum Member

REPLY: Don't recall seeing this posted yet on this board, but here is the crew for the Super Bowl. A friend of mine who works for the NFL confirmed it. If it's already been posted, pardon the duplication...

R-Hochuli
U-Rice
H-Hittner
L-Montgomery
F-Sifferman
S-Hayes
B-Green
Alt.-Carollo
Alt.-Quirk
Alt.-Lovett
Replay-Hill
Old Fri Jan 23, 2004, 03:59pm
Official Forum Member

I am glad to see that Ed H is working the Super Bowl. I think it is very well deserved for him and his fellow crew mates.
Old Fri Jan 23, 2004, 10:51pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by cmathews
Quote:
Originally posted by Snake~eyes
Here's one: http://members.tripod.com/refereestats/
John, check out the link from above, it lists the crews as they have been so far. I don't see Tony in there unless he was an alternate, I didn't look that close.
You can also goto NFL.com and checkout the gamebook for any game and find out who the officials were.

Old Mon Jan 26, 2004, 01:02am
Official Forum Member

It's funny that Carollo is alternate for Hochuli at the superbowl because last year their roles were reversed with Hochuli the alternate and Carollo the R. I guess the NFL clearly sees those two guys as the top Referees in the league.
Old Mon Jan 26, 2004, 01:45pm
Official Forum Member

Is this Ed Hochuli's first SB on the field?
Old Mon Jan 26, 2004, 02:13pm
Official Forum Member

No, it's Eds 2nd SB. He had Superbowl XXXII (GB/Den) after the 1997 season.
Old Wed Jan 28, 2004, 08:10pm
Official Forum Member

Question

Just a question, and I realize hind sight is 20-20, but wouldn't the Super Bowl official most likely had to have been Ed Hochuli? Here's why: I figure, like many have said, that the NFL wants to use crews that have already worked a playoff game in the first two rounds. But like the regular season, they probably don't want to have referees officiating games involving the same team in a short time period. In otherwords, Carolina advancing to the Super Bowl elminated 3 referees (Coleman, Carey, and, course, Kukar). New England advancing eliminated 1 more referee (Carollo) [Coleman did second game]. That left four officials who worked playoff games that didn't involve a team in the Super Bowl; Jeff Triplette (TEN-BAL), Johnny Grier (DEN-IND), Gerry Austin (KC-IND), and Hochuli (PHI-GB). Now I would contend, as some have on this board, that Grier had a bad year and I was surprised he got a playoff game. Triplette is a relatively inexperienced referee; Austin, while very good, has worked two Super Bowls in the last five or so years. Now while none of this really matters, and I am sure there is no reason a referee who hasn't worked since the regular season couldn't work the Super Bowl, if I were a betting man, Ed Hochuli would have been my choice as soon as Carolina beat Philadelphia.

I apologize if any part of this post repeats anything that someone else may have posted. I haven't had a chance to read all the previous posts.