The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Dec 19, 2003, 06:27pm
Official Forum Member

Throw early.....

I agree, if you're going to throw it, regardless the type of foul, throw it early. That way you avoid the "but we've been doing it all game" as well as the unsportsmanlikes and personal fouls (hopefully.)

A good thing to do, and they really emphasize it here in Utah and I'm sure elsewhere is to maintain good sideline control. If warranted, give them a sideline warning early in the game, because if you wait to the second half, you may have already lost them.....
Old Fri Dec 19, 2003, 10:21pm
Official Forum Member

I agree with c it first. A thorough pre-game at every level. Working with substitutes, you need to go over the basic stuff like who counts offense and defense. Coverage responsibility on passes, etc. etc. Shifting among 3, 4, and 5 man crews - all with different mechanics - don't take for granted that everyone working that day is on the same page.
Sub-varsity late afternoon games are tough. Guys are just getting off work and barely have time to get the stripes on, much less go through a pregame conference. Still, I need to get a better routine down for the short time we do have.

Great topic for discussion - keep it going fellas.

kentref
Old Sun Dec 21, 2003, 12:59pm
Official Forum Member

1. I lose concentration if I start replaying a previous down in my head. Leave it alone til after the game and concentrate on the play at hand.

2. Players and coaches will step up to the line I draw in the sand (or turf). If I let the crap and the trash talk go they will step up to that line so draw the line early.

3. Never order the prime rib after 10 pm.