The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Oct 27, 2003, 06:40pm
Official Forum Member

Does anyone have the answers to the 2003 part 1 test?

It would be greatly appreciated.
Old Mon Oct 27, 2003, 11:29pm
Do not give a damn!!

We cannot give those here, it is against the rules.

I could not resist Rich.

Peace
Old Tue Oct 28, 2003, 01:06am
Get away from me, Steve.

Football season is almost over. Post away.

Rich
Old Tue Oct 28, 2003, 09:13am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Rich Fronheiser
lol, that's the only reason I asked.
Old Tue Oct 28, 2003, 01:07pm
Do not give a damn!!

Exclamation Rich that makes no sense.

Quote:

Rich
But Rich, if we give them the answers, they might be damaged for life. They might not ever pick up a rulebook. We do not want to have officials running around that have never picked up the rulebook do we? This test is the measure of all things officiating. We should try to hold up the holy grail of all officials.

Seriously, what is the difference between now and August? Some brand new officials in my state that have just sent in their applications, would be given this years Part 1 Test to pass to get a license. So there are still people out there, that would be "cheating" if they got the test at this point. This is why it should not matter one way or another, having the answers is not going to make you understand anything anymore. It is what you do with them that will make a difference. And because the rules are not ever a secret or should not be a secret, what is the harm. I just think it is hypocritical to say it is right at one time of the year, and wrong to post at another.

Just an opinion.

Peace

Old Tue Oct 28, 2003, 02:21pm
Official Forum Member

Well can you atleast email them to me?

I was given a copy of the test by my association, it is youthball and we do not have to take the test for graded reasons. We were told to use the rulebook to find answers through out the test, so for us it is more of a learning tool. I am just curious to how well I did.
Old Tue Oct 28, 2003, 02:43pm
Get away from me, Steve.

You are entitled to your feelings, Rut, but sabotaging the states's efforts doesn't help. The test is a learning tool, at least in the states that allow it to be open book. If they wanted the answers distributed, they'd send a key right along with the exam and wouldn't bother wanting you to submit your answers.

Post them on McGriff's. I can't moderate that board.

Rich
Old Wed Oct 29, 2003, 01:01am
Do not give a damn!!

Sabotoging??

Quote:
You are entitled to your feelings, Rut, but sabotaging the states's efforts doesn't help. The test is a learning tool, at least in the states that allow it to be open book. If they wanted the answers distributed, they'd send a key right along with the exam and wouldn't bother wanting you to submit your answers.

Post them on McGriff's. I can't moderate that board.

Rich
Let us not be so overly dramatic. All states do not use the test the same. And it is not the job of someone in my state to worry about what they do in another. If I passed the test and want to tell everyone what I got, that is my prerogative. Treating the rules like a secret helps no one.

Peace
Old Wed Oct 29, 2003, 01:58am
Get away from me, Steve.

They aren't a secret. EVERY question is directly answered by looking in the rule or case book. Giving someone an answer without them learning how to use the rule book as a reference material helps no one either.

Would the IHSA want the answers freely available to all officials even when the test is still being administered. If I remember my Illinois packet correctly, it came with a test but no answer key. And I had to enter the answers online or be put on probation. What does that tell you?

Rich
Old Wed Oct 29, 2003, 09:50am
Do not give a damn!!

Lightbulb Easy answer.

Quote:
Would the IHSA want the answers freely available to all officials even when the test is still being administered. If I remember my Illinois packet correctly, it came with a test but no answer key. And I had to enter the answers online or be put on probation. What does that tell you?

What it tells you, that they give it as an open book test. And because they give this as an open book test and in many cases you have over a month to finish the test, they must know that officials go over the test together. They have to know that considering that officials attend meetings or know each other, they are going to share the answers. Because the IHSA lets us do the test online, we know almost immediately what are score is. If you get a 99 or 100, it is not that difficult to figure out which questions are wrong. The Part 2 Exam is the only that is taken on a specific day, with a time limit (2 hours) and only officials that are getting promoted have to take it.

Rich, I realize you do some games in Illinois, but if you were a member of any association in Illinois, you would see what they do. It is a very common practice for associations to go over the test. And I have personally belonged to associations from one end of the state to another. All of them do the same things as it relates to the Part 1. The answers are not top secret and officials in meetings and outside of meetings share the answers. Just the way it is. We are not like other states that put a premium on this test and if you get a certain score you advance in the playoffs. Much more to our playoff system than a stupid test.

Peace

Old Wed Oct 29, 2003, 10:06am
Get away from me, Steve.

Yes. I looked over the whole power rating nonsense. Would take a PhD and a ballpeen hammer to the head to be able to decipher it. Probably just as complicated as they want it, too, so that way they can assign anyone they want

Rich
Old Wed Oct 29, 2003, 05:45pm
Official Forum Member

Do you have the test ? Is it available on line ? I would like to take it .
Old Thu Oct 30, 2003, 08:10pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by c it first
Do you have the test ? Is it available on line ? I would like to take it .
I'll email it to you it you let me know where to send it.
Old Sun Nov 02, 2003, 01:35am
Official Forum Member

here is an online 2002 test. Gives you the answers at the end. The test had mostly the same questions as this year.

http://officialssoftware.com/Football%202002.htm