The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Sep 14, 2019, 03:23pm
Official Forum Member

Legue Officials

Does anybody know who provides the officials for the Minnesota/Georgia Southern game today. I ask because in watching the game it appears that the Center Judge is female. I say that becausw the official has a ponytail sticking out through the back of the hat and I don't know may male officials with ponytails working D1 football.
Old Sat Sep 14, 2019, 08:33pm
Do not give a damn!!

The BIG I am sure assigned the officials. Games like this can come from people in the entire Alliance, which means anyone that works from the MAC, Missouri Valley or even Division 3 under their umbrella. There are a couple of female officials that work in the Alliance so I am sure it is one of them. I will do some research, but one of them is in one of my associations. Worked with her last year on a game.

Peace
Old Sat Sep 14, 2019, 08:39pm
Do not give a damn!!

I just looked this up and in the box score they did not have a Center Judge listed for some reason. They do not have an obvious woman name listed. There is one official where they only have the first initial for the Back Judge.

I know one of the officials that were on the game, I will ask him when we have a meeting on Tuesday.

Peace
Old Mon Sep 16, 2019, 12:43am
Official Forum Member

My guess would be Amanda Sauer. She is the only female official I know of at the Big Ten level right now. That's not to say there are not others capable of it as well.

I would have said Amy Pistone could have been one, but she apparently is now longer in the mid-west having taken a college professorship at Gonzaga.
Old Mon Sep 16, 2019, 10:26am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapmaja View Post
My guess would be Amanda Sauer. She is the only female official I know of at the Big Ten level right now. That's not to say there are not others capable of it as well.

I would have said Amy Pistone could have been one, but she apparently is now longer in the mid-west having taken a college professorship at Gonzaga.
She was hired by the MVFC though so she's traveling back to the Midwest most weeks
Old Tue Sep 17, 2019, 06:35pm
Do not give a damn!!

And the winner is............

It was Amanda Sauer. Just asked the Umpire of that game. She was a fill in.

Peace