The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Nov 05, 2018, 11:34am
Official Forum Member

Official throws crew under the bus

Someone will be looking for a new crew.

https://www.mlive.com/sports/flint/i...ns_in_two.html

A member of the officiating crew for the Millington-Ithaca game sent an email to the Michigan High School Athletic Association saying the ejection was unjust and they penalties were undeserved.

MLive obtained a copy of the email, which detailed the penalties as described above.

"When that referee emailed the MHSAA and carbon copied me, that's when the MHSAA knew it had a problem because I was in on the email," Dantinne said. "An (MHSAA) official told us that 'life isn't fair' is the lesson we should have learned. I think that's the excuse of a coward.
Old Mon Nov 05, 2018, 12:48pm
Official Forum Member

OBVIOUSLY the first UNC penalty failed to gain the attention of the player, making the second one necessary. The quickest way to start a brawl is to allow STUPID, UNNECESSARY observations/comments to go unchecked.

Of course there's no indication if these were the ONLY TWO really stupid/unnecessary comments this player made during the game, or how many times he may have been cautioned before flags were thrown.

As for the poor Coach, he's is supposed to be the ADULT, and should have tried to calm the emotions of the player DOWN after the first flag. Allowing himself to get a 2nd UNC foul on the sideline is the epitome of DUMB, although it somewhat explains why the player previously got 2 of his own.

As for the e=mailing official, "Stupid is as STUPID does", and STUPID very often produces serious consequences.
Old Mon Nov 05, 2018, 02:05pm
Official Forum Member

sounds like both ejections were not only justified but well earned....shame on that official rat for writing that letter (if it even really exists)
Old Tue Nov 06, 2018, 07:40am
Official & ***** Member

Wow. Just wow.
Old Tue Nov 06, 2018, 10:27am
Do not give a damn!!

I would never want to work with that official ever again, even if he was not on my crew during that game. He can kick rocks. You do not send something that is private to anyone other than the crew. I get it that we all might have something we disagree with what happens during the game, but that is discussed in the locker room or at the bar after the game. But I will be damned if I ever contact the state about a situation on my own about what took place outside of what I am asked by the state for more information. And even then I will say what I know, I would not editorialize my opinion on the situation in any way.

Peace
Old Tue Nov 06, 2018, 10:39am
Official Forum Member

Not sure how Michigan crews are formed, but if it's one of those states where you form your own crew and work each other every week, I imagine he will have a tough time finding work after this stunt. Probably thought he was going to win brownie points by kowtowing to the coach and the state association, and it will backfire greatly.

If you are going to do this it better be your own mistake that you owning up to. No room in this business for guys that throw their partners under the bus.
Old Tue Nov 06, 2018, 10:00pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Official View Post
Someone will be looking for a new crew.[/I]

My understanding is he's already been removed from his local association.

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith