The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Dec 31, 2017, 04:39pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerUmp View Post
Perhaps, but I still believe his knee was down first. Certainly not enough to overturn.

It was moving before the knee hit, too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Old Sun Dec 31, 2017, 06:49pm
Official Forum Member

Well to be purely democratic and allow everyone to have their say, we could simply ask for a show of hands, but in those really big stadiums, accurately counting hands could become really problematic.
Old Sun Dec 31, 2017, 07:24pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmc View Post
Well to be purely democratic and allow everyone to have their say, we could simply ask for a show of hands, but in those really big stadiums, accurately counting hands could become really problematic.

The only view that matters is that of the replay official.

Old Mon Jan 01, 2018, 12:51am
Official Forum Member

I have to disagree. He was down. No way this is big enough to overturn.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Old Mon Jan 01, 2018, 08:21am
Official & ***** Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLin NC View Post
Short of murder, I don't believe a D1 HFBC can be "ejected". Maybe in the book, but not in practice.
Agree. In my HS game, however, the combination of the language plus the contact would be enough to earn him the rest of the night off.
Old Mon Jan 01, 2018, 11:16am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
The only view that matters is that of the replay official.
I agree, but I think this was a bad miss. I am shocked that got overturned and I was also cheering for Wisconsin (Big Ten and family's alma mater).

Peace
Old Mon Jan 01, 2018, 11:24am
In Time Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
I agree, but I think this was a bad miss. I am shocked that got overturned and I was also cheering for Wisconsin (Big Ten and family's alma mater).

Peace

JJ Watt had a little fun with this review and the review at the pylon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Watt tweet
Based off the last two reviews, video replay guy might be hammered... #OrangeBowl
Old Mon Jan 01, 2018, 11:31am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
JJ Watt had a little fun with this review and the review at the pylon.

Why would he get any more credibility than anyone else?

Old Mon Jan 01, 2018, 12:27pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Why would he get any more credibility than anyone else?
Because he thinks that things that do not matter are credible. Why would this be any different?

Peace
Old Mon Jan 01, 2018, 12:52pm
In Time Out

Quote:
Because he thinks that things that do not matter are credible. Why would this be any different?

Peace
Just thought it was a mildly amusing tweet. I wasn't suggesting he was an authority on officiating in general.

I'm not sure what you're referring to otherwise. I make suggestions or ask questions with a solid basis in logic. Most recently I cited Mike Periera, who I think we can all agree is qualified, to support one of my points.

I obviously have a different perspective on some things than a lot of the other posters here, but that doesn't make me some clueless idiot. I've demonstrated pretty clearly that I'm reasonably knowledgeable about the rules and more than capable of having a discussion about them.
Old Mon Jan 01, 2018, 12:55pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Just thought it was a mildly amusing tweet. I wasn't suggesting he was an authority on officiating in general.

I'm not sure what you're referring to otherwise. I make suggestions or ask questions with a solid basis in logic. Most recently I cited Mike Periera, who I think we can all agree is qualified, to support one of my points.

I obviously have a different perspective on some things than a lot of the other posters here, but that doesn't make me some clueless idiot. I've demonstrated pretty clearly that I'm reasonably knowledgeable about the rules and more than capable of having a discussion about them.
The point is that is opinion as a former Wisconsin Badger means about as much to anyone here as to what is called as some fanboy coming there telling us what the rules should be on a catch. It might be mildly interesting but does not move the conversation forward.

Peace
Old Mon Jan 01, 2018, 01:11pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
The point is that is opinion as a former Wisconsin Badger means about as much to anyone here as to what is called as some fanboy coming there telling us what the rules should be on a catch. It might be mildly interesting but does not move the conversation forward.

Peace

The problem, as I see it, is that the OP doesn't care about moving the discussion forward. The forum, which we've used to learn and improve our own officiating, is here for his entertainment and soapbox.

Old Mon Jan 01, 2018, 01:34pm
Do not give a damn!!

Don't you guys control that to some extent? I'm just sayin!!!!

Peace
Old Mon Jan 01, 2018, 01:35pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Don't you guys control that to some extent? I'm just sayin!!!!

Peace

You can only control so much. But it's a new year and a new ban hammer came in the mail last week, so....

Old Mon Jan 01, 2018, 01:36pm
In Time Out

Quote:
The problem, as I see it, is that the OP doesn't care about moving the discussion forward. The forum, which we've used to learn and improve our own officiating, is here for his entertainment and soapbox.

Except when I made legitimate suggestions as to how the catch rule could be modified, seeking feedback from an officiating perspective, I was basically dismissed by a number of posters. Other posters were willing to reasonably discuss what I had to say and the rule in general, adding insight that I didn't have when I originally posted.

Nothing I've posted on here justifies dismissing me as some fanboy coming here to tell you what the catch rule should be. I didn't do that, and dismissing me as such is what doesn't move the discussion forward. I actually came in asking if there was a way to make certain plays a catch without breaking the whole rule.

I can see how I might come across as Rich says at times, but that doesn't mean I should be immediately dismissed when there's a legitimate discussion going on.
Closed Thread