The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Sep 27, 2016, 06:40pm
Official Forum Member

Journalist Looking For Help

I work for a site that covers a high-level college football program. We're looking for a high school or college football official to help us out with some interpretations of rules following each weekend.

I wanted to see if posters might be interested in helping us out or finding out more about what we're looking for.

If so, said me a PM.

Thanks

(Hope this post isn't against board rules. I looked through rules and didn't see any prohibitions)

Last edited by FBJournalist; Thu Sep 29, 2016 at 08:29am.
Old Tue Sep 27, 2016, 06:52pm
Archaic Power Monger

No problem with your post and welcome. If you would prefer to put your questions up here, we can also answer them as they come in.
Old Tue Sep 27, 2016, 07:47pm
Official Forum Member

Thanks

Basically, I'm looking for an official who I could reach out to maybe every Monday or so to go over some of the more controversial or confusing calls during Notre Dame games specifically and other games in general.

If everything is going well, we'd encourage the official to go ahead and have discussions on our message board with our fans and maybe even write his or her own pieces if they'd like.

It's an idea that hasn't really taken a definite form yet, but one me and my guys are excited about pursuing.
Old Wed Sep 28, 2016, 07:15am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJournalist View Post
but one me and my guys are excited about pursuing.
I hope you have an editor.
Old Wed Sep 28, 2016, 08:56am
Official & ***** Member

Is Notre Dame still considered a "high-level" program? (j/k)
Old Wed Sep 28, 2016, 08:58am
Chain of Fools

Might have difficulty getting a college official to go publically on-record regarding specific calls from specific games. Conferences have strict PR policies in place and any commentary has to be vetted through them. I believe Notre Dame is now using ACC officials so that probably rules out anyone being "local" to you.
Old Wed Sep 28, 2016, 10:13am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLin NC View Post
Might have difficulty getting a college official to go publically on-record regarding specific calls from specific games. Conferences have strict PR policies in place and any commentary has to be vetted through them. I believe Notre Dame is now using ACC officials so that probably rules out anyone being "local" to you.
Good point. We wouldn't necessarily need somebody to go on the record if that was an issue. Also, location isn't an issue.

Last edited by FBJournalist; Wed Sep 28, 2016 at 10:20am.
Old Thu Sep 29, 2016, 03:03pm
Official Forum Member

FB -- you can contact me by private message on here and I'll give you my email address. I work in Texas under NCAA rules and could review most anything you have.