The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Feb 10, 2015, 09:36pm
Official Forum Member

Notre Dame/Clemson (Video)

1) 3:58 first half—A backcourt violation called against Clemson, but the calling official hesitated big time and it looked awful.

2) About the 13:30 mark second half—Clemson player #5 with a block and then a possible taunt with a staredown.

3) Last 10 seconds of the game—In a scramble for the loose ball, a possible foul against ND committed on Clemson #12 that went uncalled.

Last edited by bballref3966; Wed Feb 11, 2015 at 01:59pm.
Old Wed Feb 11, 2015, 01:58pm
Official Forum Member

I watched the game on TV, and I try not to allow my Clemson fanhood to affect my objective analysis...

1) It appeared to be the right call. I did not see the ball deflected by ND, and the trail did not give the "tip" signal, yet he took a very long pause before putting a whistle on it. Even if it was the correct call, it did not look good, and the trail knew it. His face turned bright red.

2) It would have been a justified T, but I didn't really have a huge issue with not calling it.

3) This was a foul and it was an obvious one that demanded a whistle. The C was looking right at it.
Old Sat Feb 14, 2015, 04:23am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballref3966 View Post
1) 3:58 first half—A backcourt violation called against Clemson, but the calling official hesitated big time and it looked awful.

Quote:
2) About the 13:30 mark second half—Clemson player #5 with a block and then a possible taunt with a staredown.

Quote:
3) Last 10 seconds of the game—In a scramble for the loose ball, a possible foul against ND committed on Clemson #12 that went uncalled.
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.

Old Sat Feb 14, 2015, 05:38am
Official Forum Member

#1. Late, but right call. Not sure why he was late in calling it. He had coverage of the pass that ultimately went to the backcourt.

#2. Nothing there at all.

#3. That is a pretty obvious foul on #32 blue. I don't care what the time is on the clock...when you dive into and take out the legs of a player who has the ball or is in a perfect position to pick up the ball it is a foul.
Old Sat Feb 14, 2015, 09:03am
AremRed

Play 1: Probably a violation. I would wager that Trail didn't know if blue knocked it out of not and had to guess. It's a little late but not terribly.

Play 2: Nothing

Play 3: Foul on #32 blue.
Old Sat Feb 14, 2015, 09:34am
Do not give a damn!!

Play #1: That looks like a violation. I saw no change of direction of the pass or any slowing down of the pass. I like the way the T took his time to make sure no one else had something.

Play #2: Not even close. The Clemson player has the right to look at someone that is sliding at his feet. If anything that might be a talk to if you think there was any attempt to taunt, but I would not call a T just for that action.

Play#3: Foul on #32 Dark who took out the White player by sliding into his legs. The White player had position to make a play on the ball until he was contacted by #32.

Peace
Old Sat Feb 14, 2015, 10:24am
Courageous When Prudent

1) late but right...not a big deal to me

2) absolutely nothing

3) foul
Old Mon Feb 16, 2015, 02:35pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
Play #1: That looks like a violation. I saw no change of direction of the pass or any slowing down of the pass. I like the way the T took his time to make sure no one else had something.
Looked to me like he looked at his partner to make sure the partner wasn't signaling tip before hitting the whistle.
Old Mon Feb 16, 2015, 11:53pm
Official Forum Member

1. Correct. I think is looking at the "c" for a tipped ball signal.
2. Nothing
3. Foul

On the initial shot before #3, look at the rebounding action on the lane line table side. Blue #22 holding? Intentional for fed rule set?
Old Tue Feb 17, 2015, 12:29am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper68 View Post

On the initial shot before #3, look at the rebounding action on the lane line table side. Blue #22 holding? Intentional for fed rule set?
Absolutely not
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.

Old Tue Feb 17, 2015, 12:30am
beware big brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper68 View Post
on the initial shot before #3, look at the rebounding action on the lane line table side. Blue #22 holding? Intentional for fed rule set?

no
Old Tue Feb 17, 2015, 12:41am
AremRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper68 View Post
Could be holding, no way that's an INT though.
Old Tue Feb 17, 2015, 10:48am
Archaic Power Monger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
1) late but right...not a big deal to me

2) absolutely nothing

3) foul
Yep.
Old Tue Feb 17, 2015, 11:09am
Official Forum Member

1. Late, but I have done this too. I look to my partner to see if they had a tip or not.
2. nothing
3. foul.
Old Wed Feb 18, 2015, 11:03am
Official Forum Member

[QUOTE=Thumper68;955197]1. Correct. I think is looking at the "c" for a tipped ball signal.

+1

I don't believe it was late at all. He was clearly looking for imformation before he make a call. Wierd angle and the C may have seen something he didn't. Once the C had nothing he put air in it.

-General George S. Patton, Jr.