The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   3 Person Mechanics (Video) (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/98675-3-person-mechanics-video.html)

rockyroad Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:55am

Appears to be a lot of laziness in this clip...T is slowly walking up the court, L not rotating...not good.

And I am still not convinced there was enough to warrant a foul call in the first place.

BryanV21 Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:04am

Not the best quality video, so I could be wrong, but I don't think the foul was "big" enough that the L should have called it from that far away (and not in her PCA).

I mean, if it were a "whale" then I'd have no problem with the L taking the call should the C have missed it, but that doesn't seem to be the case here.

Raymond Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:10am

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanV21 (Post 944306)
Not the best quality video, so I could be wrong, but I don't think the foul was "big" enough that the L should have called it from that far away (and not in her PCA).

I mean, if it were a "whale" then I'd have no problem with the L taking the call should the C have missed it, but that doesn't seem to be the case here.

The big problem is the mechanics. If you are going to be looking way over there as the Lead, then why haven't you rotated?

BryanV21 Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:17am

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadNewsRef (Post 944309)
The big problem is the mechanics. If you are going to be looking way over there as the Lead, then why haven't you rotated?

Well, yeah... I agree. I'm just going by what actually happened.

Raymond Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:20am

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadNewsRef (Post 944309)

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanV21 (Post 944312)
Well, yeah... I agree. I'm just going by what actually happened.

To make ourselves better, we need to recognize the mechanical and coverage errors from these type of videos so that we don't make the same mistakes. Whether it was actually a foul or not is not really the main point.

Kansas Ref Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:22am

Those shirts make them look like clowns. The call that was made--totally out of pca by the L--made it even look more like a circus act.
I saw the C positioned 3 feet away and staring straight at the "on ball action" and the C detected no violation.

BryanV21 Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:23am

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadNewsRef (Post 944314)
To make ourselves better, we need to recognize the mechanical and coverage errors from these type of videos so that we don't make the same mistakes. Whether it was actually a foul or not is not really the main point.

Since some had already pointed out that the lack of a rotation was a big problem here, I found no need to "pile on". However, I should have voiced my agreement with that point first.

AremRed Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:17pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ballgame99 (Post 944266)
Hard to tell with grainy video, but I don't see a fist in the air or a signal at the spot by the lead. He's out of his primary, but there isn't anything going on in his primary and he had a better look than C. Is this a big no no or something? I don't do 3 man.

I think Lead is a girl. :p

AremRed Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:17pm

Moral of this play: Trust the system, trust your partners.

PS: Is that APG at C and BNR at Trail??

Lcubed48 Fri Nov 21, 2014 02:07pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCat (Post 944259)
The stripes on their shirts are just too wide for me..:D otherwise...ouch

Luv them babies!! :eek:

Rich Fri Nov 21, 2014 02:54pm

After wearing wide stripes for HS football this season, I wouldn't be bothered by them for basketball either.

Raymond Fri Nov 21, 2014 03:29pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by AremRed (Post 944336)

Unless there was a 6' 5" bald man in the video, no it wasn't me.

JRutledge Fri Nov 21, 2014 04:01pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by AremRed (Post 944336)

Do not worry who it is. If they want to say who they are, let them do that. I did not post this without and individual on the crew giving some permission or blessing.

Peace

SNIPERBBB Fri Nov 21, 2014 04:07pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by AremRed (Post 944335)
I think Lead is a girl. :p

Apparently it's just you and me that noticed this...

Raymond Fri Nov 21, 2014 04:26pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNIPERBBB (Post 944373)
Apparently it's just you and me that noticed this...

I believe my use of the word "her" earlier means I noticed. ;)