The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Apr 27, 2014, 12:53pm
Official Forum Member

Reebok Zigtech Patent Leather

Looking for opinions on this great shoe. I have wider feet so I don't know of this shoe would work for me. I prefer mesh shoes that can breathe and have some give to them. I currently wear Reebok ZigNano Premier Zigfly Black Special edition. I love these shoes but hard to find even on EBay.

Anybody else have wide feet that wear the ZigTech Patent Leather?
Old Sun Apr 27, 2014, 01:05pm
Esteemed Forum Member

I Use A Shoe Stretcher All The Time ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhjordan23 View Post
Anybody else have wide feet that wear the ZigTech Patent Leather?
My feet aren't wide, but for what it's worth, I ordered an 11 (I've never worn any shoe, of any type, larger than an 11, never, ever) and wished that I had ordered an 11.5.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)
Old Sun Apr 27, 2014, 11:26pm
Official Forum Member

I listened to the advice posted on the website from which I purchased and order a half size bigger than I normally wear. The result was that the shoes felt splashy when I made cuts or stop/start. The shoes were supersoft and comfortable, so I ordered another pair in my normal size and have been rather pleased.
I do not have wide feet though, so my experience my not help you.
My only disappointment was that I was unable to return the larger shoes after I wore them for two games or get any credit with the seller, but I understand their policy. Too bad that I couldn't find them in a local store and test them out before purchasing. I would pay a little more at a physical store for this rather than ordering online.
Old Mon Apr 28, 2014, 06:18am
Esteemed Forum Member

Two Pair Beats One Pair ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post
I listened to the advice posted on the website from which I purchased and order a half size bigger than I normally wear. The result was that the shoes felt splashy when I made cuts or stop/start.
Would two pairs of socks help?
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)
Old Mon Apr 28, 2014, 07:30am
Official Forum Member

Big Fan of the Shoe....Eventually....

I wear this shoe now and love it, however the first time I wore it I wanted to throw them right in the trash. In my opinion they just take a little longer to break in than any shoe I've worn in the past. I would work 3 games of a mens wreck league on a given night, wear them for the first game and a half or so and switch to my old shoes. After doing this about three times they were perfect.
Old Mon Apr 28, 2014, 03:36pm
Official Forum Member

Post Love em

I wear these shoes and love them. They did take a little longer to break in (were tight for my slightly wide feet). The thing I love though is they feel very light. At the time I bought my first pair, I was battling consistent Achilles Tendonitis. When I had my old NB shoes, even the inserts would cause me to have some pain by the end of the game. Almost immediately after starting these, my tendonitis went away, as long as I stretched properly (note I kept the same stretching routine for both shoes).

One complaint - I have experienced (and others have too) the tread peeling off the bottom. Some superglue took care of that but I was disappointed it happened after only wearing them less than 10 times.
Old Mon May 05, 2014, 05:56am
Official Forum Member

I love the shoe but I had to go up a full size. If you have wider feet have a look at the New Balance referee shoes.

I wear mesh shoes for running, working out, living etc ( Asics Nimbus) for the Zigs are the best looking and most comfortable shoe for officiating out there.
Old Wed May 07, 2014, 10:28pm
Official Forum Member

Patent leather does not breathe at all. It's a coating on the leather and does not breathe. They are hot. Try wearing a pair in the sun sometime and you'll see what I mean.
Old Wed May 07, 2014, 10:51pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mregor View Post
Patent leather does not breathe at all. It's a coating on the leather and does not breathe. They are hot. Try wearing a pair in the sun sometime and you'll see what I mean.
Well when I do a basketball game in the sun, I will worry about that then.

Peace
Old Wed May 07, 2014, 11:54pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
Well when I do a basketball game in the sun, I will worry about that then.

Peace
I was really talking about a military formation. Those toes would burn if sun hit it directly. Not just warm either. I'm talking a run and take shoes off as soon as you could.

Still the zigs are the best ref shoes I've ever worn since Converse mids with a nice insert. Those had lateral support. I'm older now and don't need the lateral support anymore as I don't move that way like I used to. Zig are like running on pillows.