The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   NC: Kentucky vs UConn (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/97700-nc-kentucky-vs-uconn.html)

Nevadaref Mon Apr 07, 2014 08:07pm

NC: Kentucky vs UConn

Opening a thread for the national championship game.

canuckrefguy Mon Apr 07, 2014 08:24pm

DeRosa throwing the opening tip.

Nevadaref Mon Apr 07, 2014 08:36pm

Looked like an incorrect whistle for a backcourt violation about five minutes into the game.

billyu2 Mon Apr 07, 2014 08:55pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nevadaref (Post 930840)
Looked like an incorrect whistle for a backcourt violation about five minutes into the game.

I thought that too. DeRosa was right there but it didn't appear that the ball touched the backcourt during the dribble.

Nevadaref Mon Apr 07, 2014 08:56pm

Officials ignore a running OOB violation (per the NCAA rule) by UConn and they hit a 3 on the possession with just under 5 mins left in the first half.

JRutledge Mon Apr 07, 2014 08:58pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by canuckrefguy (Post 930839)
DeRosa throwing the opening tip.

That wasn't DeRosa.

Peace

Nevadaref Mon Apr 07, 2014 09:07pm

Was the final foul of the first half in the act of shooting?
Seemed that the player had the ball in his right hand when fouled and then switched it over to his left for his shot.
2.9 secs on the clock

Nevadaref Mon Apr 07, 2014 09:10pm

UConn player on the wing with about 12:50 on the clock in the first half.
Did he travel before going around his defender for a dunk?

grunewar Mon Apr 07, 2014 09:17pm

About midway through the first half UCONN guard drives the lane and leaves his feet and passes to his team mate on his right. His player misses the ball, looks like the ball goes untouched, and the same guard retrieves his own pass. Happening right in front of the KY bench, Coach Calipari, needless to say, has a little hissy fit.

grunewar Mon Apr 07, 2014 09:19pm

Just shows to go you.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by billyu2 (Post 930844)
I thought that too. DeRosa was right there but it didn't appear that the ball touched the backcourt during the dribble.

I initially thought it to be a pretty good call at first. But, the second angle looked like it wasn't BC.

canuckrefguy Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:05pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge (Post 930847)
That wasn't DeRosa.

Really? Sure looked like it was him. Well you Yanks would know better than I would :)

JRutledge Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:09pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by canuckrefguy (Post 930863)
Really? Sure looked like it was him. Well you Yanks would know better than I would :)

The taller white guy is not DeRosa. I will look at the replay to be sure, but I am pretty positive that was not DeRosa.

BTW, Doug Shows was an official I saw at a UConn at DePaul game last season. Shows T's up Ollie for being out of the coaching box. UConn won in kind of a blowout, but I never forgot him after that afternoon game I attended.

Peace

JRutledge Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:10pm

These guys for the most part are having a great game. I agree with about every call they show in slow motion. Very solid so far.

Peace

michblue Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:21pm

I have to agree with JRut. This crew had solid night overall.

eyezen Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:22pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge (Post 930866)
These guys for the most part are having a great game. I agree with about every call they show in slow motion. Very solid so far.

Peace

At least one team on the court did....terrible basketball.