Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Mar 31, 2014, 07:55pm
Official Forum Member

2014 Final Four officials

NCAA DIVISION I MEN’S BASKETBALL COMMITTEE NAMES

GAME OFFICIALS FOR 2014 MEN’S FINAL FOUR

NORTH TEXAS — The NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Committee has approved 10 game officials recommended by John W. Adams, the national coordinator of officiating, to work Saturday’s two national semifinal games and Monday’s national championship game. A three-man crew will work each Final Four game, while one official will serve as the standby official for all three contests.

The NCAA has notified these 10 individuals selected to work the 2014 Final Four, which will be played at AT&T Stadium in North Texas:

• Pat Adams, Mobile, Ala.;

• Joe DeRosa, North Canton, Ohio;

• Verne Harris, Denver, Colo.

• John Higgins, Omaha, Neb.;

• Michael Roberts, Atlanta, Ga.;

• Doug Shows, Rome, Ga.;

• Doug Sirmons, Virginia Beach, Va.;

• Michael Stephens, Cranston, R.I.;

• Mike Stuart, Maryville, Tenn.; and

• Terry Wymer, North Baltimore, Ohio.

“The 10 men selected to officiate in this year’s Final Four have been evaluated after every game in the tournament, and all of them consistently graded out as excellent in play calling accuracy, communicating with coaches and players and officiating the games according to the rules as written,” said Adams. “They represent the best in NCAA men’s basketball officiating.”

Harris will officiate his seventh Final Four, while Stuart and Higgins are both calling their fifth and Shows is calling his fourth. This will be the third Final Four for Stephens and Adams, and will be the second for DeRosa, Sirmons and Wymer. Roberts will be calling his first Final Four.

Saturday’s first semifinal features South Regional champion and overall No. 1 seed Florida facing Connecticut, the No. 7 seed and champion from the East Regional. The Gators are in their first Final Four since winning back-to-back national championships in 2006 and 2007, while the Huskies are in their fifth Final Four and are searching for their fourth national title in the past 15 years. Tipoff is set for 5:09 p.m. CST.

The second game, which will begin 40 minutes after the conclusion of the first game, pits West Regional champion Wisconsin against Midwest Regional champion Kentucky. The second-seeded Badgers defeated top-seeded Arizona to reach its first Final Four since 2000, while No. 8 Kentucky defeated three of the top four seeds in the region to advance to their third Final Four in the past four years.

The officiating assignments for each semifinal game, as well as Monday night’s national championship game, will be announced Saturday morning.
Old Mon Mar 31, 2014, 08:02pm
Official Forum Member

Looks like I got left off the list again.
Old Tue Apr 01, 2014, 08:30am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post
NCAA DIVISION I MEN’S BASKETBALL COMMITTEE NAMES

GAME OFFICIALS FOR 2014 MEN’S FINAL FOUR

NORTH TEXAS — The NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Committee has approved 10 game officials recommended by John W. Adams, the national coordinator of officiating, to work Saturday’s two national semifinal games and Monday’s national championship game. A three-man crew will work each Final Four game, while one official will serve as the standby official for all three contests.

The NCAA has notified these 10 individuals selected to work the 2014 Final Four, which will be played at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas:

• Pat Adams, Mobile, Ala.;

• Joe DeRosa, North Canton, Ohio;

• Verne Harris, Denver, Colo.

• John Higgins, Omaha, Neb.;

• Michael Roberts, Atlanta, Ga.;

• Doug Shows, Rome, Ga.;

• Doug Sirmons, Virginia Beach, Va.;

• Michael Stephens, Cranston, R.I.;

• Mike Stuart, Maryville, Tenn.; and

• Terry Wymer, North Baltimore, Ohio.

“The 10 men selected to officiate in this year’s Final Four have been evaluated after every game in the tournament, and all of them consistently graded out as excellent in play calling accuracy, communicating with coaches and players and officiating the games according to the rules as written,” said Adams. “They represent the best in NCAA men’s basketball officiating.”

Harris will officiate his seventh Final Four, while Stuart and Higgins are both calling their fifth and Shows is calling his fourth. This will be the third Final Four for Stephens and Adams, and will be the second for DeRosa, Sirmons and Wymer. Roberts will be calling his first Final Four.

Saturday’s first semifinal features South Regional champion and overall No. 1 seed Florida facing Connecticut, the No. 7 seed and champion from the East Regional. The Gators are in their first Final Four since winning back-to-back national championships in 2006 and 2007, while the Huskies are in their fifth Final Four and are searching for their fourth national title in the past 15 years. Tipoff is set for 5:09 p.m. CST.

The second game, which will begin 40 minutes after the conclusion of the first game, pits West Regional champion Wisconsin against Midwest Regional champion Kentucky. The second-seeded Badgers defeated top-seeded Arizona to reach its first Final Four since 2000, while No. 8 Kentucky defeated three of the top four seeds in the region to advance to their third Final Four in the past four years.

The officiating assignments for each semifinal game, as well as Monday night’s national championship game, will be announced Saturday morning.
Fixed it for them...my tax dollars at work for about 30% of the cost).
Old Tue Apr 01, 2014, 10:07am
Archaic Power Monger

Just label it Jerry World and call it a day.
Old Tue Apr 01, 2014, 11:04am
Administrator

I am pulling for DeRosa and Wymer. I have known Terry for over 20 years.

I know Joe through a shared close personal friend (read: goombah).

I have known Terry for over 20 years. During Mark, Jr.'s first year of officiating, he and I officiated a girl's 8th grade game in which Terry's daughter was playing. I saw Terry and the stands but did not have chance to point him out to Junior. Early in the 1st QT, Mark had a throw-in in front of Terry and Terry asked him if was difficult having to carry such an old official as a partner. LOL!

MTD, Sr.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio
Old Tue Apr 01, 2014, 11:05am
Get away from me, Steve.

The Twitter feed @JohnHigginsHair really cracks me up.
Old Tue Apr 01, 2014, 12:46pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
The Twitter feed @JohnHiggingsHair really cracks me up.

+1 Rich. Somebody has a good sense of humor!
Old Tue Apr 01, 2014, 12:48pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper68 View Post
+1 Rich. Somebody has a good sense of humor!
#gimlets
Old Tue Apr 01, 2014, 01:02pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AremRed View Post
Who is John Higgings?
I'm guessing nobody makes a mistake in your world.
Old Tue Apr 01, 2014, 02:50pm
Official Forum Member

Hoping for some quality #monitortime this weekend.
Old Tue Apr 01, 2014, 04:02pm
Official Forum Member

what is the #gimlets thing he always references? I follow @johnhigginshair but I don't understand that reference.
Old Tue Apr 01, 2014, 05:14pm
Official Forum Member

Gimlet is a drink : INGREDIENTS IN THE GIMLET COCKTAIL

2.5 oz Gin
.5 oz Lime juice
.5 oz Simple syrup (one part sugar, one part water)
Garnish: Lime wheel
Glass: Cocktail or Old Fashioned
Old Wed Apr 02, 2014, 02:26pm
big jake

I really thought Tommy Eades had a great year and should have made it back. He had a much better season than several chosen including Shows!
Old Wed Apr 02, 2014, 02:41pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by big jake View Post
I really thought Tommy Eades had a great year and should have made it back. He had a much better season than several chosen including Shows!
You watched all their games?
Old Wed Apr 02, 2014, 04:29pm
Official Forum Member

seasonal

Quote:
Originally Posted by big jake View Post
a good season gets you to the big dance....the best dancers get to go to the final four