The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   NIT: Arkansas vs. California Blarge (Video) (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/97609-nit-arkansas-vs-california-blarge-video.html)

CNYREF Tue Mar 25, 2014 06:12pm

NIT: Arkansas vs. California Blarge (Video)

I heard there was a Blarge in the cal ark game lastnight anyone see it or have video??

AremRed Tue Mar 25, 2014 06:28pm

According to the play-by-play there were no double fouls called in the game.

just another ref Tue Mar 25, 2014 06:29pm

I'm not sure, but I think the original call was PC, but then was changed to a block. I think maybe another official pointed out the defender was in the RA.

APG Wed Mar 26, 2014 03:57pm

No blarge...in fact, no signals from anyone but the lead:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/P4Mbp5-qbsM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

rockyroad Wed Mar 26, 2014 04:04pm

Ok...by the new "upward motion" standard in NCAA-M, should this be a block? Or is it PC because of the initial contact being with the offensive player's leg/knee???

Raymond Wed Mar 26, 2014 04:38pm

Upward motion block IMO

Camron Rust Wed Mar 26, 2014 05:26pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadNewsRef (Post 929112)
Upward motion block IMO

Agree...plus I believe at least one foot was still in the RA as well.

In HS, I'd probably have a block as well but it was close. I think the shooter was airborne while the defender's torso was still coming forward (not yet to the spot).

Multiple Sports Wed Mar 26, 2014 05:34pm

Albeit it unrelated I got a T for taunting............

Raymond Wed Mar 26, 2014 05:38pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Multiple Sports (Post 929122)
Albeit it unrelated I got a T for taunting............

I thought the same thing when I saw it on Top 10 plays, but now seeing it again I don't think he lingered there too long; he thought better of it.

Multiple Sports Wed Mar 26, 2014 06:20pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadNewsRef (Post 929123)
I thought the same thing when I saw it on Top 10 plays, but now seeing it again I don't think he lingered there too long; it thought better of it.

Guess I will be calling the T's on our games again this summer !!!!!!;););)

See you in a few months !!!

JRutledge Wed Mar 26, 2014 06:29pm

I think this is a charge.

Until they clarify when actually they are in their upward motion, he does not gather the ball until his last step, I think the defender is there in time.

If it is that close, I am going charge until they clarify this more in the rules or by interpretation.

Peace

Indianaref Wed Mar 26, 2014 07:04pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge (Post 929137)
I think this is a charge.

Until they clarify when actually they are in their upward motion, he does not gather the ball until his last step, I think the defender is there in time.

If it is that close, I am going charge until they clarify this more in the rules or by interpretation.

Peace

I'm with you on all that, however, the last clip makes me believe this is a RA play, which should be a block.

JRutledge Wed Mar 26, 2014 07:24pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indianaref (Post 929151)
I'm with you on all that, however, the last clip makes me believe this is a RA play, which should be a block.

It was certainly very close. It looks like the left foot might be over the RA.

Now was this changed to a block or did the call stand?

Peace

just another ref Wed Mar 26, 2014 08:02pm

Changed to a block. He shot free throws.

JRutledge Wed Mar 26, 2014 08:23pm

Well that is what is supposed to happen when the defender is in the RA and the secondary defender.

Peace