The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Jan 18, 2014, 08:49am
Esteemed Forum Member

With Apologies To Freddy ...

Don't be a plumber.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)
Old Sat Jan 18, 2014, 06:33pm
We don't rent pigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post
That said, is there a proscribed penalty to returning to the gym during the jurisdiction of the officials? Anyone know of somewhere in the books where it specifically says this is a technical foul? Could it just be a removal by game admin and a report to the governing authority?
Ejected adult bench personnel shall leave the vicinity (out of sight and sound) of the playing area immediately and are prohibited from further contact (direct or indirect) with the team during the remainder of the game. Failure to comply with the rules of ejection may result in the game being forfeited.

Coach has been ejected. Didn't really do anything else offensive, other that come back inside. The argument could be made that the two options were forfeit or nothing.

Lonesome Dove
Old Sat Jan 18, 2014, 07:48pm
NFHS Official

The game isn't over until the officials leave the visual confines of the court. I think in this case I wouldn't be looking for it, and even if I saw her I think I am getting off the floor as quickly as possible. I certainly don't think I'm going into the celebration and picking her out.
Old Sat Jan 18, 2014, 08:42pm
Official Forum Member

I would not be walking out, I'd be running out, not even looking back. Almost sounds as if the official salivated over giving the coach one more tech.
Old Sat Jan 18, 2014, 09:41pm
Official Forum Member

We need a "LIKE" button, so many of you guys are right, don't look for trouble. Can you give a coach a 3rd T?
Old Sat Jan 18, 2014, 10:42pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrapins Fan View Post
Can you give a coach a 3rd T?
Yes.
Old Sat Jan 18, 2014, 10:54pm
Do not give a damn!!

I am probably gone too. Game over I am in the locker room.

In our state we have Special Reports we have to file every time there is an ejection that we are involved in directly. That is the only thing I might be doing is putting this in the report. I just seriously doubt I would even know the coach was there.

Peace
Old Sat Jan 18, 2014, 11:20pm
We don't rent pigs

For the record: Guys can say "I wouldn't have seen the coach" if they want, but that was not the point of the discussion. They did see her. That is a given, and it wasn't because they lingered after the game. My question was what if you did see her. Imagine that you literally bumped into her on your way out and her way in if you must, but she was there and very much visible so that is where the discussion begins.

Another twist. Around here, game assignment are near %100 girl/boy doubleheaders. It is not unheard of for the officials to not leave the gym at all between games.

Lonesome Dove
Old Sat Jan 18, 2014, 11:24pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by just another ref View Post
For the record: Guys can say "I wouldn't have seen the coach" if they want, but that was not the point of the discussion. They did see her. That is a given, and it wasn't because they lingered after the game. My question was what if you did see her. Imagine that you literally bumped into her on your way out and her way in if you must, but she was there and very much visible so that is where the discussion begins.

Another twist. Around here, game assignment are near %100 girl/boy doubleheaders. It is not unheard of for the officials to not leave the gym at all between games.
Even if they did, so. Why would you want to even go there? Why would you even want to trouble, trouble? I see a lot of things I do not penalize immeditely. It is not hard to do.

And one more reasons I am glad I live in a state that has common sense.

Peace
Old Sat Jan 18, 2014, 11:34pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:

The coach would freakin' moonwalk in front of me for all I care...short of the coach actually doing something unsporting, I'm not giving a T for what you presented in your original post.
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.

Old Sat Jan 18, 2014, 11:36pm
Official Forum Member

This is a state association issue-here if a coach is ejected they are to immediately leave the gym and not allowed to have contact with their team until they leave said gym.Said coach is also barred from coaching for 1 game.

Common Question-Does this rule apply to a varsity head coach who gets ejected while sitting on the JV bench and serving as an assistant? Yes-the varsity head coach must serve his JV suspension before he can coach varsity again.Penalty is immediate forfeiture of the contest for not leaving the gym or being in attendance while suspended from coaching.
The golfing volleyball ref and official scorekeeper
Old Sat Jan 18, 2014, 11:43pm
Official Forum Member

We get a bad rap enough as it its without going out and earning said bad rap.
Old Sun Jan 19, 2014, 12:02am
We don't rent pigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
Even if they did, so. Why would you want to even go there? Why would you even want to trouble, trouble?
I wouldn't, but they did, and it was very interesting to watch.

Lonesome Dove

Last edited by just another ref; Sun Jan 19, 2014 at 12:05am.
Old Sun Jan 19, 2014, 12:19am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
I wouldn't, but they did, and it was very interesting to watch.
OK, they did. So what.

And my state does not make a habit of playing this silly double headers and expecting the officials to do both. There are enough officials around to do two games at a site. And it is hard IMO to dedicate your full energy when you have to split up games (and genders) in the same night for the same officials. That to me contributed to this issue you are talking about IMO.

Peace
Old Sun Jan 19, 2014, 12:27am
We don't rent pigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post

And my state does not make a habit of playing this silly double headers and expecting the officials to do both. There are enough officials around to do two games at a site. And it is hard IMO to dedicate your full energy when you have to split up games (and genders) in the same night for the same officials. That to me contributed to this issue you are talking about IMO.

Peace
How?

Lonesome Dove