The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Missouri State/Wichita State video requests (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/96996-missouri-state-wichita-state-video-requests.html)

zm1283 Sun Jan 12, 2014 03:11am

Missouri State/Wichita State video requests

I think it was on ESPN3 but I believe you can pull clips from there.

All second half:

13:30 - block called

9:07 - block called

:47.7 - block called - Really want to see this one again.

Also if anyone wants to see an OOB call reviewed and reversed, there was one at 24.6.

Nevadaref Sun Jan 12, 2014 03:35am

Quote:

Originally Posted by zm1283 (Post 917810)

All second half:

Also if anyone wants to see an OOB call reviewed and reversed, there was one at 24.6.

The block/charge play with 47.7 seconds remaining in regulation can been viewed on ESPN.com in the game highlights.
I have it as a blatant charging foul.

Lcubed48 Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:05am

Imo

After viewing all 3 plays on ESPN360, I have one observation. It was the same official that was involved in all 3 plays.

Play #3, IMO, is a straight out charge.

Concerning the play @ 24.6 - if that is the by rule, then good job. I'll admit that I'm not that familiar with that rule.

JetMetFan Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:22am

Quote:

All second half:

I'm working on it. Just want to make sure - the last two plays are in regulation, correct?

zm1283 Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:22pm

Yes all in regulation.

JetMetFan Sun Jan 12, 2014 03:28pm

video added...4 plays, 1 clip

Quote:

All second half:

Here are the plays...

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/N0ciVD8B0ZM?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

zm1283 Sun Jan 12, 2014 03:39pm

Not only was play 3 a PC foul, but the dribbler traveled as well.

I still don't think plays 1 and 2 were defensive fouls, especially #2.

The OOB review was correct, although I hate the rule.

BryanV21 Sun Jan 12, 2014 03:47pm

#1 - The offensive player has as much right to that spot as the defender. Unless the defender got their first, and the fact he's still moving laterally tells me he didn't, I have a block.

#2 - The defender got to the spot before the shooter started "going up"... charge.

#3 - Same as #2.

As for the OOB, I can't tell for sure one way or the other. I can't blame the ref for his call, as it looks like it was knocked out. On the other hand, the offensive player looks like he may have just lost control.

zm1283 Sun Jan 12, 2014 03:57pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanV21 (Post 917884)
#1 - The offensive player has as much right to that spot as the defender. Unless the defender got their first, and the fact he's still moving laterally tells me he didn't, I have a block.

#2 - The defender got to the spot before the shooter started "going up"... charge.

#3 - Same as #2.

As for the OOB, I can't tell for sure one way or the other. I can't blame the ref for his call, as it looks like it was knocked out. On the other hand, the offensive player looks like he may have just lost control.

Note also in Play 1 that he didn't call a block, he called a hand heck and used the "arm bar" signal. I really don't think the defender arm barred him, but you could argue for a block.

JRutledge Sun Jan 12, 2014 03:57pm

I see three missed block calls. All of those plays were PC fouls IMO. And they were not that hard IMO either.

And the OOB play was missed too, but that was understandable IMO. He probably saw it late and assumed and gave it to the wrong team. That happens, but probably shouldn't.

Peace

Camron Rust Sun Jan 12, 2014 03:58pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanV21 (Post 917884)

What? There is no such requirement???? In fact, the rules explicitly allow it.

BryanV21 Sun Jan 12, 2014 03:58pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by zm1283 (Post 917887)
Note also in Play 1 that he didn't call a block, he called a hand heck and used the "arm bar" signal. I really don't think the defender arm barred him, but you could argue for a block.

I did see the arm bar signal, but didn't give it any thought. I didn't see anything like that, either.

Camron Rust Sun Jan 12, 2014 04:00pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge (Post 917888)
I see three missed block calls. All of those plays were PC fouls IMO. And they were not that hard IMO either.

And the OOB play was missed too, but that was understandable IMO. He probably saw it late and assumed and gave it to the wrong team. That happens, but probably shouldn't.

Peace

Agree....on all counts.

BryanV21 Sun Jan 12, 2014 04:02pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camron Rust (Post 917889)
What? There is no such requirement????

Take what I'm saying in context. I'm looking for LGP here, and the movement by the defender tells me he didn't have it. My understanding is that the defender has to at least get to that spot on the floor first, and in this case I don't see it. Both he and the offensive player get to that spot at the same time.

BryanV21 Sun Jan 12, 2014 04:03pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge (Post 917888)

Peace

Not saying you're wrong.. not at all. But I'm curious as to your explanation as to why it's a charging call in play #1.