Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Aug 15, 2013, 09:39pm
Working Mom Referee

Just got this msg...so bye..so that all are duly informed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam
The portion of your post that I deleted was viewed by me to be an intentional and pointless insult. That's the second insult I've deleted from your posts. I understand and appreciate your desire to jump in and mix it up, but you'll need to refrain from insulting people in the process.

Likewise, feel free to let us (moderators) know if you feel someone intentionally insulted you.
*For stifling my "freedom of speech" I consider that to be the ultimate insult. I'm surprised of the level of pointless bantering that you allow on this forum and moreso personally insulted that you have singled me / my posts out for censure. It is clear that you have abused your "discretionary authority" as you constantly allow others who post pointless, irrelevant, and inflammatory remarks and yet you have singled me / my posts out for censure. But I guess those other guys are your "best buds" and so I can see why you are so lenient towards them and allow them to post video clips, jokes and sorts of bantering that has nothing to do with becoming a better ref. It is evident that I"m also one of the few female refs who are commenting on this site, so I can only conclude that you are a gender-biased neanderthal. And like all men, you "hide" behind this screen and cannot confront me directly. Whoever the person was that was offended by any remark /post I may have made should have had the balls to "email notify" me directly instead of weasling behind you and getting you to 'notify me"---but I guess that is something that is a common trait by many of you male refs--you'all don't have the balls, fortitude, or courage to stand up for what you believe is right and are content to cow-tow. And, you and your best buds on this forum are evidently no exception.
Nevertheless, I"m done with this website and will no longer be posting on here.
Old Thu Aug 15, 2013, 09:57pm
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
Shame you are departing - really. Myself, and several others have been temporarily suspended before for an inappropriate or off color remark - or in my case, replying to spam. We live and learn.

I wish you well in your reffereeing journeys and hope maybe you will "lurk" and learn more about our avocation. There's much info to use here, but, the forum is not for everyone.

Good luck.
Old Thu Aug 15, 2013, 10:06pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunewar View Post
Shame you are departing - really. Myself, and several others have been temporarily suspended before for an inappropriate or off color remark - or in my case, replying to spam. We live and learn.

I wish you well in your reffereeing journeys and hope maybe you will "lurk" and learn more about our avocation. There's much info to use here, but, the forum is not for everyone.

Good luck.
Bye. Enjoy your ball.
Old Thu Aug 15, 2013, 10:09pm
Archaic Power Monger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling Man View Post
It is evident that I"m also one of the few female refs who are commenting on this site, so I can only conclude that you are a gender-biased neanderthal. And like all men, you "hide" behind this screen and cannot confront me directly.
Do you know why it is evident? Because you keep making it an issue.

Your choice to paint "all men" with one brush is not only quite amusing, but very telling.

The cold truth is you have no freedom of speech on this forum. You are owed nothing, especially when you start insulting other, well established members. As always, feel free to lodge your concerns with Brad.
Old Thu Aug 15, 2013, 10:20pm
Official Forum Member

There is honestly so much wrong...all concentrated in one post. Don't even know where to start.
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.

Old Thu Aug 15, 2013, 10:21pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Posting the contents of a private message is also frowned upon. But since you're gone, you probably don't care.
Old Thu Aug 15, 2013, 10:36pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Arrow

Quote:
It is evident that I"m also one of the few female refs who are commenting on this site, so I can only conclude that you are a gender-biased neanderthal.
We really don't care if you're male, female or anything in between. When Rainmaker posted on this site for many years, her posts were welcome, respected and appreciated. That was because her posts were on point and well written. Also, she respected those who disagreed with her and only put them down (rarely) with obvious humor.

Those of us here take your point of view on issues seriously but we may find some humor in your style. When we disagree with or criticize your input, it's just part of how the board works, it's not personal.
Old Thu Aug 15, 2013, 10:47pm
Get away from me, Steve.

You know what? I couldn't say it better than Mark, so I'm going to lock the thread.
Old Fri Aug 16, 2013, 12:15am
Keeper of the HAMMER

With apologies to Rich, I feel compelled to respond point by point. Not to defend myself so much as to set the record straight.

Quote:
*For stifling my "freedom of speech" I consider that to be the ultimate insult.
If that's your ultimate insult, then you're living a pretty good life. As has been noted, there's no freedom of speech here, but I think you know this as evidenced by your use of "quotes" around the term.

Quote:
I'm surprised of the level of pointless bantering that you allow on this forum and moreso personally insulted that you have singled me / my posts out for censure.
The thing is, you're not the only one I've "censured" ("censored" is more accurate) this week, but you are the only one I gave the courtesy of a private message so you wouldn't misunderstand. The fact is, I was giving you information so you could adjust your posting behavior accordingly. I didn't want you to be surprised if you kept doing it and ended up getting a two week vacation.

Quote:
It is clear that you have abused your "discretionary authority" as you constantly allow others who post pointless, irrelevant, and inflammatory remarks and yet you have singled me / my posts out for censure.
Regarding the pointless stuff, yes, we allow some of it, but only to a degree. As for the inflammatory remarks, this is precisely why I invited you to point out any such remarks you felt offensive. My intent was not to single you out (again, you're not even in the top five of my list of moderated posts this week), nor is that the result.

Quote:
But I guess those other guys are your "best buds" and so I can see why you are so lenient towards them and allow them to post video clips, jokes and sorts of bantering that has nothing to do with becoming a better ref.
1. The member you insulted in that post is someone I've never met, and with whom I've had my share of disagreements (mostly, I hope, professionally carried out) on this forum.

2. Clips, jokes, and banter have nothing to do with personal insults. If you think you need to insult someone to be funny, then you could consider expanding your humor settings.

Quote:
It is evident that I"m also one of the few female refs who are commenting on this site, so I can only conclude that you are a gender-biased neanderthal.
1. I really don't care that you're a woman. It couldn't be less relevant. 99% of the posts I moderate come from other neanderthals, so your case is weak. I've been called all sorts of things in my years, but surprisingly, this is the first time I've been called a neanderthal. Thank you.

2. Self-editing my humor here. Moving along....

Quote:
And like all men, you "hide" behind this screen and cannot confront me directly.
Actually, sending you a private message IS confronting you directly. I was giving you the opportunity to respond in private rather than chastising you in public. You're free to take that how you will, but just know that I was speaking to you as an adult; assuming you are capable of reasoning with those who disagree with you.

Instead, you resorted to broadbased accusations that fit your a priori assumptions about men. You may have some good reasons for those assumptions, but you really can't apply those to people you don't know.

Quote:
Whoever the person was that was offended by any remark /post I may have made should have had the balls to "email notify" me directly instead of weasling behind you and getting you to 'notify me"---
He did, it was me. The only difference is not only did I have the balls to contact you directly, I had the ability to delete the post as well. The posters you insulted did not even read your insults before I deleted them. For the record, I do not like the idea of airing this laundry in public, and prefer to discuss these issues in private. But since you made it public.....

Quote:
but I guess that is something that is a common trait by many of you male refs--you'all don't have the balls, fortitude, or courage to stand up for what you believe is right and are content to cow-tow. And, you and your best buds on this forum are evidently no exception.
Nevertheless, I"m done with this website and will no longer be posting on here.
You're free to leave, or read, or even post. I welcomed your input, and tried to offer you some constructive feedback on the interaction here. Whether you take that feedback is up to you, and as far as I'm concerned,

the slate is clean.