The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Another DVBOA play (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/95415-another-dvboa-play.html)

AremRed Mon Jul 01, 2013 01:40am

Another DVBOA play

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/CGjBB63ijxo?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Is this a NFHS 10.6.7 situation?

rockyroad Mon Jul 01, 2013 04:20am

Sure looks like it!

Lcubed48 Mon Jul 01, 2013 04:38am

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockyroad (Post 898991)
Sure looks like it!

I agree. I'm charging white #3 with the foul on this play.

Raymond Mon Jul 01, 2013 07:22am

Defenders did nothing wrong. What did the trail call on this play?

bob jenkins Mon Jul 01, 2013 07:42am

Should be two fouls on white. after all, if we can have a multiple foul by the defense, we should have the mirror image by the offensive player. ;)

reffish Mon Jul 01, 2013 08:49am

Don't think we can have multiple fouls by one player, but should have PC.

JetMetFan Mon Jul 01, 2013 08:54am

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadNewsRef (Post 899000)
Defenders did nothing wrong. What did the trail call on this play?

My guess is he called a block since he's pointing at the players on the floor as opposed to just coming up with a PC signal.

I'm a bit mystified as to why the L didn't put air in his whistle on this play. Not even a flinch. This could be a number of things but "no call" wouldn't appear to be on the menu.

APG Mon Jul 01, 2013 09:00am

It's possible that the trail called a push on the trailing defender.

JRutledge Mon Jul 01, 2013 09:17am

Quote:

Originally Posted by APG (Post 899016)

Good point. He did push him. But with the title I only focused on the two defenders in front. But then again without the information on the tape, it is hard to tell what the official actually called.

Peace

Raymond Mon Jul 01, 2013 09:19am

Quote:

Originally Posted by APG (Post 899016)

Didn't even pick that up on the first viewing. Yes, that could be a possibility.

Rich Mon Jul 01, 2013 09:20am

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadNewsRef (Post 899024)
Didn't even pick that up on the first viewing. Yes, that could be a possibility.

It's a pretty big push, too.

MathReferee Mon Jul 01, 2013 09:20am

Is it just me or does he say "block" right after the whistle? I have block on B42.

Camron Rust Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:27am

I looked at it and thought charge.

Expecting a trick answer, I looked at it over and over trying to see if either defender did anything illegal. They had two feet down, in the path, were not moving, and didn't have their legs extended. I could find nothing they did wrong.

Despite some that believe it is required, there is no requirement that a charge/PC foul occur in the chest. The offensive player knocks two legal defenders off their spot. That is a charge (or maybe a no call)

MathReferee Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:05am

I agree with your assessment of the defenders, except for them not having legs extended. It appears to me as if the offensive player's head and shoulders are past B42's torso before any contact is made between their lower bodies. This suggests to me that B42's legs are outside his frame and the reason I have a block. However, based on responses so far, I appear to be in the minority here.

brainbrian Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:09am

NCAA 10-1-8 "A dribbler shall neither charge into nor contact an opponent in the
dribbler’s path nor attempt to dribble between two opponents or between an
opponent and a boundary, unless the space is sufficient to provide a reasonable
chance for the dribbler to pass through without contact."

I know NFHS has a similar rule and I do not think the offensive player had enough space to make it between the two defenders.