The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Summer Ball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/95284-summer-ball.html)

Adam Sun Jun 16, 2013 06:17pm

Summer Ball

One coach thinks we're pathetic.

Parent from the other team says he's a college official and I need "to learn."

And I missed part of Father's Day for this.

rekent Sun Jun 16, 2013 08:25pm

Sounds a bit like my day too, just smile and ignore...

Multiple Sports Sun Jun 16, 2013 09:01pm

College Referee ?????

Any parent that says he is a college official and criticizes another official is a joke !!!!!

Altor Sun Jun 16, 2013 09:03pm

He obviously meant that he officiated intramurals when he was in school.

rekent Sun Jun 16, 2013 09:35pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Multiple Sports (Post 897607)
Any parent that says he is a college official and criticizes another official is a joke !!!!!

Forget a parent, any official who would openly criticize another official like that is a joke.

Bad Zebra Sun Jun 16, 2013 09:48pm

Ask him what league he works for...tell him you need to know so you can let his assigner know what a horse's a** he is in the stands.

BillyMac Mon Jun 17, 2013 06:00am

Like Grandma Used To Say, If You Don't Have Something Nice To Say About Someone .....

Quote:

Originally Posted by rekent (Post 897612)
Any official who would openly criticize another official like that is a joke.

Agree 100%.

JRutledge Mon Jun 17, 2013 07:22am

I had a better one for you. I had a "high school official" that worked the table at an AAU tournament and did not understand why we kept awarding baskets on a shooting foul when the player started their motion to the basket and were not in the air. BTW, me and my partner both work college ball and were calling it the same all day.

And some people want all rules to be the exact same at all levels? ;)

Peace

bob jenkins Mon Jun 17, 2013 08:06am

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge (Post 897630)
I had a better one for you. I had a "high school official" that worked the table at an AAU tournament and did not understand why we kept awarding baskets on a shooting foul when the player started their motion to the basket and were not in the air. BTW, me and my partner both work college ball and were calling it the same all day.

And some people want all rules to be the exact same at all levels? ;)

Peace

Unless I'm missing something in your description, that rule *is* the same at all levels.

JRutledge Mon Jun 17, 2013 08:08am

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob jenkins (Post 897632)
Unless I'm missing something in your description, that rule *is* the same at all levels.

I know that. You know that. But did this "High School Official" (as he described it) know that? ;)

Peace

Camron Rust Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:18am

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge (Post 897633)
I know that. You know that. But did this "High School Official" (as he described it) know that? ;)

Peace

Your argument makes no sense whatsoever. But why let that stop you now.

Adam Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:44am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camron Rust (Post 897644)
Your argument makes no sense whatsoever. But why let that stop you now.

There may be something Jeff is leaving out, such as the guy saying "this isn't the NBA."

Camron Rust Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:58am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam (Post 897647)
There may be something Jeff is leaving out, such as the guy saying "this isn't the NBA."

I doubt it. His point is that since some people (even officials) can't get one rule set right, it is OK to have multiple rule sets which creates even more confusion. How that is a good thing, is beyond me. If there are people that can't keep one straight, how does he expect it to be better when people have to keep 3-4 straight?

Raymond Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:22am

His point is that even when the rules are the same officials are confused or just plain don't know the rules so quit all the whining about different rule sets.

And I'm saying a good official knows multiple rule sets if he/she is working different levels. And a coach should know the rules that apply to his games. And I don't care dif fans are confused.

JRutledge Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:28am

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadNewsRef (Post 897651)
His point is that even when the rules are the same officials are confused or just plain don't know the rules so quit all the whining about different rule sets.

And I'm saying a good official knows multiple rule sets if he/she is working different levels. And a coach should know the rules that apply to his games. And I don't care dif fans are confused.

We have a winner!!!!