The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Michigan-Louisville clip rebounding no call (6:51 2nd half) (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/94745-michigan-louisville-clip-rebounding-no-call-6-51-2nd-half.html)

JetMetFan Tue Apr 09, 2013 09:56am

Michigan-Louisville clip rebounding no call (6:51 2nd half)

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeffM (Post 889851)
Lots of contact at 6:51...I would have liked to have seen a foul called.

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gXZqCHnrqLw?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

blindzebra Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:31am

Foul, lets talk about the two travels on Dieng.

OKREF Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:44am

Quote:

Originally Posted by blindzebra (Post 889929)
Foul, lets talk about the two travels on Dieng.

Don't do that. Don't get off point. We have can't discuss travels on this play. Only the rebounding play.

IUgrad92 Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:46am

The C takes a step up instead of a step down towards the baseline and took himself out of that play. If he takes a step down I think he makes that travel call.....

VaTerp Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:58am

I'd like to see the C get Dieng with a foul when 52 has two hands on the ball.

ballgame99 Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:11am

Quote:

Originally Posted by VaTerp (Post 889947)

Agree. Also noticed the two travels on White 10 before he got a shot off.

Raymond Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:22am

I just see a couple travels by Dieng, but no fouls.

SAJ Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:28am

Quote:

Originally Posted by IUgrad92 (Post 889939)
The C takes a step up instead of a step down towards the baseline and took himself out of that play. If he takes a step down I think he makes that travel call.....

the C might have had both #11's blocking his view on both travels

JeffM Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:42am

Quote:

Originally Posted by VaTerp (Post 889947)

I also would have liked to see the #52 foul on Dieng called.

It seemed to me like the players were getting more aggressive throughout that play and that a whistle would have been appropriate to keep it from escalating further.

Raymond Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:56am

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeffM (Post 889975)
I also would have liked to see the #52 foul on Dieng called.

It seemed to me like the players were getting more aggressive throughout that play and that a whistle would have been appropriate to keep it from escalating further.

The play took care of itself with an OOB violation. There was no escalation.

JRutledge Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:12pm

I see only one possible travel. I see a shooter not being able to shoot because the defense is all over the ball. Sorry, that is not a travel to me. And I love the "travel" guys because I see that missed all the time in regular high school games. I guess the guys get them all here. ;)

Peace

Camron Rust Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:48pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge (Post 889986)
I see only one possible travel. I see a shooter not being able to shoot because the defense is all over the ball. Sorry, that is not a travel to me. And I love the "travel" guys because I see that missed all the time in regular high school games. I guess the guys get them all here. ;)

Peace

When the player with the ball jumps and lands without releasing the ball, you have either a travel or a jump ball....not other choices if the rules are followed.

His other travel was switching the pivot foot before he dribbled....pretty clear too.

Maybe one day you'll move up from recognizing only middle school travels. THere is hope for you yet.

IUgrad92 Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:58pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAJ (Post 889969)
the C might have had both #11's blocking his view on both travels

Exactly, but only because he stepped away from the play instead of towards it. Had he moved a little towards the baseline, then he would of had the best view/angle in the building....

JRutledge Tue Apr 09, 2013 01:00pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camron Rust (Post 890016)
When the player with the ball jumps and lands without releasing the ball, you have either a travel or a jump ball....not other choices if the rules are followed.

His other travel was switching the pivot foot before he dribbled....pretty clear too.

Maybe one day you'll move up from recognizing only middle school travels. THere is hope for you yet.

Well it cannot be a travel if you do not have control of the ball. It cannot be a held ball unless you judge at the NCAA level that he had control of the ball on the way down. Once again, there is a debate we can have about how much control the UL player had during his move to the basket. The UL player does try to take on two players to shoot through. It is very likely the ball is being knocked around.

Peace

Raymond Tue Apr 09, 2013 01:02pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge (Post 890020)
Well it cannot be a travel if you do not have control of the ball. It cannot be a held ball unless you judge at the NCAA level that he had control of the ball on the way down. Once again, there is a debate we can have about how much control the UL player had during his move to the basket. The UL player does try to take on two players to shoot through. It is very likely the ball is being knocked around.

Peace

That's not the more noticeable travel. Dieng clearly travelled before he dribbled.