The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Dunk and hanging on the rim. (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/93716-dunk-hanging-rim.html)

BillyMac Tue Jan 29, 2013 07:27am

Clogged Toilet On Elm Street ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich (Post 875174)
Don't be a plumber.

Quote:

Originally Posted by seanwestref (Post 875176)
This means what?

Ask Freddy. He's what you call an expert.

packersowner Tue Jan 29, 2013 09:08am

I got a better question, where is #11 heading next year to play. He looks like a man amongst boys.

VaTerp Tue Jan 29, 2013 09:50am

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge (Post 875178)
Don't go looking for s**t when it is not there.

In other words, if you call this there might be more questions than if you leave it alone. This looked like a rather common dunk that no one but those that do not see dunking very often would call IMO.

Peace

This was my initial thought. The only dunk where I would even think about anything was near the 8:03 mark of the clip by #2. Still not close to a T IMO. From my experience those that would consider Ts for any of these dunks are those who don't see a lot of above the rim action in their games.

None of the dunks by #11 being discussed earlier were anywhere on the radar of a T.

JRut, which play were you asking about in the OP or was discussed in the locker room?

Quote:

Originally Posted by packersowner (Post 875284)
I got a better question, where is #11 heading next year to play. He looks like a man amongst boys.

He's a junior and looks like he has received offers from all of the major B1G programs as well as Kentucky, FLA, FSU, Baylor, and possibly KU.

Raymond Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:28am

Quote:

Originally Posted by packersowner (Post 875284)

He's only a Junior, so he probably hasn't made that decision yet.

JRutledge Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:22am

Quote:

Originally Posted by VaTerp (Post 875304)
JRut, which play were you asking about in the OP or was discussed in the locker room?

We discussed the first one and then it resulted in the second one being discussed in the same context. It was only discussed as mostly a "You did not have anything there right?" Of course my partner did not as he did not call anything, but it was discussed if that might have been close. My two partners had a much better look than I did as I was the Trail on both plays. And these plays happen about 2 minutes into the game. It was a typical 1st half discussion in the locker room about plays and situation that someone had a question about because it was a highlight in the game.

Peace

VaTerp Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:41am

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge (Post 875353)
We discussed the first one and then it resulted in the second one being discussed in the same context. It was only discussed as mostly a "You did not have anything there right?" Of course my partner did not as he did not call anything, but it was discussed if that might have been close. My two partners had a much better look than I did as I was the Trail on both plays. And these plays happen about 2 minutes into the game. It was a typical 1st half discussion in the locker room about plays and situation that someone had a question about because it was a highlight in the game.

Peace

Ok, thanks.