The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old Thu Jan 10, 2013, 08:14pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 6
5 Fouls

On a shooting foul were free throws will follow, when a player has five fouls and fouls out what is a the proper procedure in NFHS?

Example: A1 commits a shooting foul on B1, that was A1's fifth foul, B1 has 2 free throw shots.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old Thu Jan 10, 2013, 08:25pm
Esteemed Forum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 21,931
Easy As One, Two, Three (Jackson Five) ...

1) Inform the head coach (Player is now officially bench personnel).

2) Inform the player.

3) Bye. Bye.

(Please let me post the video. Please.)
__________________
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old Thu Jan 10, 2013, 08:57pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
1) Inform the head coach (Player is now officially bench personnel).

2) Inform the player.

3) Bye. Bye.

(Please let me post the video. Please.)
1a. Notify timer to start the clock for the 20-sec replacement interval.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old Thu Jan 10, 2013, 09:01pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,010
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
1) Inform the head coach (Player is now officially bench personnel).

2) Inform the player.

3) Bye. Bye.

(Please let me post the video. Please.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triad zebra View Post
1a. Notify timer to start the clock for the 20-sec replacement interval.
0. Report the foul to the table.
__________________
If you ain't first, you're LAST!!!
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old Thu Jan 10, 2013, 09:10pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: In the offseason.
Posts: 12,208
4. And when the replacement for A1 checks in, A1's sub comes in along with any other subs that have reported.
__________________
Owner/Developer of RefTown.com
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old Thu Jan 10, 2013, 09:22pm
Fav theme: Roundball Rock
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Near Dog River (sorta)
Posts: 8,558
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
4. And when the replacement for A1 checks in, A1's sub comes in along with any other subs that have reported.
Good one!

No need to wait until before the last free throw to bring in others!
__________________
Pope Francis
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old Thu Jan 10, 2013, 10:13pm
We don't rent pigs
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 7,627
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistles & Stripes View Post
0. Report the foul to the table.
It's already been reported. Or we wouldn't know it was the fifth foul.
__________________
I swear, Gus, you'd argue with a possum.
It'd be easier than arguing with you, Woodrow.


Lonesome Dove
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old Fri Jan 11, 2013, 01:19am
Archaic Power Monger
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 5,983
Quote:
Originally Posted by just another ref View Post
It's already been reported. Or we wouldn't know it was the fifth foul.
You might have known he was sitting on 4 already.
__________________
Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there. - Will Rogers
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old Fri Jan 11, 2013, 01:28am
We don't rent pigs
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 7,627
Quote:
Originally Posted by Welpe View Post
You might have known he was sitting on 4 already.
I might have, but even if I did, what I know doesn't disqualify anyone. I have to hear that he has 5 in the book.
__________________
I swear, Gus, you'd argue with a possum.
It'd be easier than arguing with you, Woodrow.


Lonesome Dove
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old Fri Jan 11, 2013, 02:31am
I got a Basketball Jones!
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Hunger
Posts: 929
Somebody forget ...

Not required, but, somewhere along the line, notify your partners..
__________________
Lah me..
(In honor of Jurassic Ref, R.I.P.)
Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)  
Old Fri Jan 11, 2013, 08:08am
Esteemed Forum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 21,931
Nothing's Simple ...

The Jackson Five were wrong, it's not as "Easy As One, Two, Three".

(Please let me post the video.)
__________________
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old Fri Jan 11, 2013, 10:09am
Rich's Avatar
Get away from me, Steve.
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 15,741
I always go over this procedure with the timer. I'm going to the coach first and then I'm *immediately* coming to you to start the clock. One horn at 5 seconds. I'll handle the rest.

I've watched too many partners dawdle with this and essentially grant the teams a timeout while we wait. Not me.
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old Fri Jan 11, 2013, 10:21am
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: A little east of there.
Posts: 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
The Jackson Five were wrong, it's not as "Easy As One, Two, Three".

(Please let me post the video.)
Do it!
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old Fri Jan 11, 2013, 11:15am
Huck Finn
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,347
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
I always go over this procedure with the timer. I'm going to the coach first and then I'm *immediately* coming to you to start the clock. One horn at 5 seconds. I'll handle the rest.

I've watched too many partners dawdle with this and essentially grant the teams a timeout while we wait. Not me.
I agree that we shouldn't let this become a timeout, but I do one thing: I ask the coach if he/she has a sub or if he/she needs time. If they say they have someone and the sub goes to the table, we play. If they need/want time, I go to the table and have them start the time. IME the coach often has a sub and we can just continue with the game.
__________________
"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are." -- John Wooden
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old Fri Jan 11, 2013, 11:20am
Rich's Avatar
Get away from me, Steve.
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 15,741
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomegun View Post
I agree that we shouldn't let this become a timeout, but I do one thing: I ask the coach if he/she has a sub or if he/she needs time. If they say they have someone and the sub goes to the table, we play. If they need/want time, I go to the table and have them start the time. IME the coach often has a sub and we can just continue with the game.
I like this suggestion. I'm going to use it. Thanks.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Even out the fouls? Mark Padgett Basketball 13 Thu Feb 17, 2011 04:33am
Two fouls WhistlesAndStripes Basketball 16 Thu Feb 09, 2006 07:23am
False Double Fouls and Simultaneous Fouls Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. Basketball 14 Fri Feb 13, 2004 08:48am
Personal Fouls/Technical fouls Coach T Basketball 6 Thu Jan 30, 2003 09:35am
When are technical fouls added to team fouls!? Pirate Basketball 8 Thu Jan 18, 2001 10:35am


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:37am.



Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0 RC1