The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Dec 11, 2012, 04:51pm
Official Forum Member

Reebox ZigTech

Anyone got them? Just got mine today in the mail and it looks a little ridiculous. Anyone actually wear these? Do they go well with the "official" look of a basketball official?

Help me decide whether to keep these or not. They fit well and feel great around my feet, but just not really liking the look of the "zig-zag" on the bottom, even though I know that's to help (supposedly) with the endurance of the legs.
Old Tue Dec 11, 2012, 04:57pm
Official Forum Member

I do not own a pair but know many officials at all levels that do and the feedback I've heard is 99% positive. They look fine and "official" in your words.

If they fit well and feel great on your feet I don't see why your thinking of sending them back.

How do YOU like the look? You're the one that has to wear them so if you don't like the way they look, send them back. But it seems kinda silly to me to be that worried about how others think they look. Especially considering how many officials wear them at all levels.
Old Tue Dec 11, 2012, 04:58pm
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
Are you talking about these or something similar?

Reebok Zig Energy Referee Shoes: Ump Attire

If so, many here like the Patent Leather Ref Zigs. If you do a search on the Forum you can find many opinions. This is my second yr wearing them and I like them a lot.

I looked under Zig Tech and there are a lot of funky things there that wouldn't go well on the court.
Old Tue Dec 11, 2012, 05:02pm
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
Thumbs up Subject and specific shoe.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
Would this be the record for most threads about one subject?
I think the same thing every time it comes up!

......and, I chime in most times!
Old Tue Dec 11, 2012, 05:07pm
Official Forum Member

my apologies

I didn't realize the "ZigTech" was for several different shoes. This is the one I got, that's for basketball officials:

https://officiallysports.com/index.c...17&page=detail

Thanks. I have seen several positive feedback for them throughout the forum, but I didn't know how many officials actually wore them. I haven't seen any from my chapter wearing them, as oppose to the other patented leather (with the shiny look) shoes available, like the New Balance.

I think I will keep them. Unfortunately I'm getting it as a Christmas Gift from a relative so I have to wait a few weeks before I can wear them, I was just asked to try it on first. However, with me being a Varsity official this year, I may wait until my first Varsity match this season to wear them (January 8th).
Old Tue Dec 11, 2012, 05:30pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by representing View Post
Anyone got them? Just got mine today in the mail and it looks a little ridiculous. Anyone actually wear these? Do they go well with the "official" look of a basketball official?

Help me decide whether to keep these or not. They fit well and feel great around my feet, but just not really liking the look of the "zig-zag" on the bottom, even though I know that's to help (supposedly) with the endurance of the legs.
I bought mine over the summer and now swear by them. No more heel or knee pain after games. I'd say about a third of my association wears them.
Old Tue Dec 11, 2012, 05:45pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ref_in_Alberta View Post
I bought mine over the summer and now swear by them. No more heel or knee pain after games. I'd say about a third of my association wears them.
Do you have to calculate the sizes in metric?
Old Tue Dec 11, 2012, 05:57pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

I've been surprised at how often my shoes have matched my partner's this season.
Old Tue Dec 11, 2012, 06:11pm
Huck Finn

I actually have two pairs of these for other activities. I think they are just "meh" and they are basically new. I also cannot get past the patent leather look, but that is coming from someone who wore patent leather with my blues for 20 years.

My friend just wore his for the first time the other day and he said they are on par with Air Max shoes.
Old Tue Dec 11, 2012, 06:19pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
I've been surprised at how often my shoes have matched my partner's this season.
I bought two pair of the shoes this year a love them. And it is getting kind of scary how many times all 3 of us have had these shoes on. Everyone loves them and they are the best fitting shoe I have worn with my orthotics yet.

Peace
Old Tue Dec 11, 2012, 09:44pm
Official Forum Member

I love them. I wish I would have gotten a smaller size though. From my experience, an 11 in Nike may be a 10.5 in Reebok.

All I've really seen this year are guys wearing $140 full length Nike Air Max of some kind or another (mail order type) or the Zigs.

Have the New Balance become obsolete? Are there associations where they are still popular?

Also, I don't watch a lot of college ball, is New Balance still a standard?
Old Tue Dec 11, 2012, 11:00pm
Official Forum Member

just got my second pair for this season. love them. finally found the "it" shoe for myself. they are catching on up here in AK also. A number of officials getting them.
my foot is a little wide so i went a half size up and they are just right.
Old Wed Dec 12, 2012, 09:44am
Official Forum Member

I wore the 2008 Air Max for several years and loved them. After switching to the patent leather Zigs last season, I'll probably never go back to the Air Max. They are that good of a shoe.
Old Wed Dec 12, 2012, 09:58am
Official Forum Member

Love the Zig

Bought them last year...love them. Chronic foot and ankle pain went away completely. Many guys in our pool have gone to them. In my experience, the look of them gets nothing but compliments.
Old Wed Dec 12, 2012, 10:00am
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by stir22 View Post
Bought them last year...love them. Chronic foot and ankle pain went away completely. Many guys in our pool have gone to them. In my experience, the look of them gets nothing but compliments.
You wear them in the pool? Wow, that's multi-purpose!