The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Coach's leash (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/93197-coachs-leash.html)

rockyroad Thu Dec 13, 2012 01:00am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich (Post 866548)
I know. I was being facetious.

It was a time and a place thing. Under 2 minutes, he's frustrated, I know what he's doing. But nobody's going to tell me I cost a team a game and get away with it. Especially when the margin is double digits.

Agreed.

I would whack him in a heartbeat for that, too.

And than give him a stop sign!

RookieDude Thu Dec 13, 2012 06:27am

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomegun (Post 866508)
After we handle business...

...not trying to be a smarta$$ (well, maybe a little);)...but, didn't you "handle business" and tell the Coach he was seatbelted when you initially whacked his upset player that kicked a chair?

...if so, did the Coach ignore you and stand anyway?

...just asking.

Raymond Thu Dec 13, 2012 08:40am

Quote:

Originally Posted by RookieDude (Post 866568)
...not trying to be a smarta$$ (well, maybe a little);)...but, didn't you "handle business" and tell the Coach he was seatbelted when you initially whacked his upset player that kicked a chair?

...just asking.

When I T a HS head coach or bench personnel I'll say to my partner(s) "we need to make sure he is sitting down after we're done with the free throws".

Personally I see no reason to rush right over there to tell the HC he needs to sit.

tomegun Thu Dec 13, 2012 09:55am

Quote:

Originally Posted by RookieDude (Post 866568)

...just asking.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadNewsRef (Post 866585)
When I T a HS head coach or bench personnel I'll say to my partner(s) "we need to make sure he is sitting down after we're done with the free throws".

Personally I see no reason to rush right over there to tell the HC he needs to sit.

This is spot on. My partners didn't really handle business and I had to tell the coach. To my utter dismay, I worked with the same partners last night and may have had something happen that is worse IMO. With 1:59 to go in the game, the coach of the team winning by 17 or 18 is upset and requests a timeout after I call a foul. I tell him OK - I was going to give him the timeout after I reported the foul - and he says something that is way over my line. I whack him and walk away. This morning, an official that was in the stands told me it was a good T, but the coach said, "That is a bull*** T" as I was inbounding the ball. I have already sent my partners an email to find out if either of them heard it. Not good.