The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Nov 29, 2012, 07:19am
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
Nets vs Celts Brawl (video)

Rajon Rondo ejected for going after Kris Humphries in Celtics-Nets brawl

Seems to me there would be a lot more issues in a HS game......numbers, who came off the bench, participated or not. What a mess.

Hope I never have to deal with anything like this.
Old Thu Nov 29, 2012, 07:23am
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Old Thu Nov 29, 2012, 07:30am

I had a foul call once on a play similar to Humphries' foul call. I upgraded the call to an INT. He (and Humphries) followed through unnecessarily. Coach didn't like it, but I explained that there's no need to follow through on contact to a player's face and cause him to fall down.

Good ejection on Rondo too. No need to have players take liberties like that.

Unless the rule has changed, I believe that players that leave the NBA bench are also ejected.

Remember when Stoudemire was DQ'd because he left the bench to help Nash when it looked like Nash hit his head after Horry body-chequed him? Robert's sportsmanship on that play was Horry-awful.
Old Thu Nov 29, 2012, 08:04am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JugglingReferee View Post
I had a foul call once on a play similar to Humphries' foul call. I upgraded the call to an INT. He (and Humphries) followed through unnecessarily. Coach didn't like it, but I explained that there's no need to follow through on contact to a player's face and cause him to fall down.

Good ejection on Rondo too. No need to have players take liberties like that.

Unless the rule has changed, I believe that players that leave the NBA bench are also ejected.

Remember when Stoudemire was DQ'd because he left the bench to help Nash when it looked like Nash hit his head after Horry body-chequed him? Robert's sportsmanship on that play was Horry-awful.
Players aren't automatically ejected for leaving the bench....and I don't believe Amar'e was either. Players are automatically suspended for at least a game if they leave the bench during a player altercation.

I'm good with how the dealt out penalties. Humprhries got a T for the little extra on the shot and then fighting T. Rondo was ejected for a fighting T. Wallace was also ejected because he earned a second T from the scrum and he and Garnett got together. Garnet also received a T. After all that, they shot the free throws for the one extra T on Kris, then shot the two free throws for the shooting foul.

I think in a high school game, you wouldn't have to worry about ejecting anyone for leaving the bench. Seems like they did a good job of staying plus you have to remember that at least one or two of the assistants' job is to make sure no one leaves.
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.

Old Thu Nov 29, 2012, 08:08am

Quote:
Originally Posted by APG View Post
Players aren't automatically ejected for leaving the bench....and I don't believe Amar'e was either. Players are automatically suspended for at least a game if they leave the bench during a player altercation.
It was so long ago, that I don't recall all the details. So he played the rest of that game, but had to sit out the next. Thanks for that.
Old Thu Nov 29, 2012, 08:11am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JugglingReferee View Post
It was so long ago, that I don't recall all the details. So he played the rest of that game, but had to sit out the next. Thanks for that.
Well the foul was at the end of the game if I remember correctly, so there wasn't much left to play.
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Old Thu Nov 29, 2012, 11:33am
NFHS Official

Does Humphries ever make contact with Garnett head? Doesn't look like it. His foul doesn't look that bad to me. He came down hard on his shoulder.
Old Thu Nov 29, 2012, 11:49am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKREF View Post
Does Humphries ever make contact with Garnett head? Doesn't look like it. His foul doesn't look that bad to me. He came down hard on his shoulder.
No contact to the head.

Old Thu Nov 29, 2012, 02:52pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Over-reaction by Rondo. And considering Rondo and Garnett's history of brutal fouls they should be the last ones starting a brawl over one.

Doc Rivers jump down his team's throat in the press conference after the game.
Old Thu Nov 29, 2012, 03:25pm
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
Boston Celtics PG Rajon Rondo on fight: I'm not a dirty player - NBA News | FOX Sports on MSN

Rondo is NOT a dirty player with a bad attitude......just ask him and he'll tell you that!
Old Thu Nov 29, 2012, 04:10pm
NFHS Official

Doesn't look like a hard foul. NBA players have no idea about hard fouls anymore. I remember back in the day of the Bulls, Celtics, Lakers, Pistons, Knicks, Pacers. Those were hard fouls.
Old Thu Nov 29, 2012, 04:32pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Doesn't look like a hard foul. NBA players have no idea about hard fouls anymore. I remember back in the day of the Bulls, Celtics, Lakers, Pistons, Knicks, Pacers. Those were hard fouls.