View Single Post
Old Thu Nov 29, 2012, 08:04am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JugglingReferee View Post
I had a foul call once on a play similar to Humphries' foul call. I upgraded the call to an INT. He (and Humphries) followed through unnecessarily. Coach didn't like it, but I explained that there's no need to follow through on contact to a player's face and cause him to fall down.

Good ejection on Rondo too. No need to have players take liberties like that.

Unless the rule has changed, I believe that players that leave the NBA bench are also ejected.

Remember when Stoudemire was DQ'd because he left the bench to help Nash when it looked like Nash hit his head after Horry body-chequed him? Robert's sportsmanship on that play was Horry-awful.
Players aren't automatically ejected for leaving the bench....and I don't believe Amar'e was either. Players are automatically suspended for at least a game if they leave the bench during a player altercation.

I'm good with how the dealt out penalties. Humprhries got a T for the little extra on the shot and then fighting T. Rondo was ejected for a fighting T. Wallace was also ejected because he earned a second T from the scrum and he and Garnett got together. Garnet also received a T. After all that, they shot the free throws for the one extra T on Kris, then shot the two free throws for the shooting foul.

I think in a high school game, you wouldn't have to worry about ejecting anyone for leaving the bench. Seems like they did a good job of staying plus you have to remember that at least one or two of the assistants' job is to make sure no one leaves.
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.