The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Nov 06, 2012, 10:14pm
Statistician/Ref Hybrid

First Meeting / Assignor Question

Last night was my first meeting for rule changes, POEs, and meeting assignors for possible game assignments.

One assignor I wanted to talk to left so I sent him an email to ask about what area/schools he assigns, since he indicated he had assignments available for first year officials. I wasn't expecting to get an e-mail back that indicates I'd need to pay a nominal fee in order to be added to his arbiter group.

I have no problem with the fee, but I'd hate to pay it only to find he doesn't assign anything in my immediate are. Does anyone have any similar experiences?

The center of attention as the lead & trail. – me
Games officiated: 525 Basketball · 76 Softball · 16 Baseball
Old Wed Nov 07, 2012, 04:27am
This IS My Social Life

I Insist You Persist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stat-Man View Post
Last night was my first meeting for rule changes, POEs, and meeting assignors for possible game assignments.

One assignor I wanted to talk to left so I sent him an email to ask about what area/schools he assigns, since he indicated he had assignments available for first year officials. I wasn't expecting to get an e-mail back that indicates I'd need to pay a nominal fee in order to be added to his arbiter group.

I have no problem with the fee, but I'd hate to pay it only to find he doesn't assign anything in my immediate are. Does anyone have any similar experiences?
What he requires as far as a fee is standard in many areas. But he didn't answer your question. Persist in your efforts to find out what area/schools he assigns either by follow-up contacts with him or with others who are assigned by him. That information should be free.
Old Wed Nov 07, 2012, 05:32pm
Statistician/Ref Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy View Post
What he requires as far as a fee is standard in many areas. But he didn't answer your question. Persist in your efforts to find out what area/schools he assigns either by follow-up contacts with him or with others who are assigned by him. That information should be free.
As stated in the OP, I have no problem with his fee structure as he explained that part pretty thoroughly in the e-mail. I'll fire him an e-mail back to see if he will tell me which schools he assigns so I can make my decision.

Thanks.

The center of attention as the lead & trail. – me
Games officiated: 525 Basketball · 76 Softball · 16 Baseball