The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Apr 05, 2012, 09:31am
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyroad View Post
I agree.

I also did not like the fact that quite often both the T and the C were on the ball handler and his defender as the ball was being brought up court and the offense initiated. No pressure - just the two players, and the C is slowly walking up the court with the dribbler and the T.
That is something I have complained about a few times here in the forum. I hate it.
Old Thu Apr 05, 2012, 09:43am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells View Post
I have to ask, what's the substantive difference between FOM and RSBQ? They're both just different ways to say "prevented from participating in normal defensive or offensive movements." Don't get me wrong , I think they're great thought processes; but I find the insistence on a distinction on when to use which term to be silly. It's sort of like all the responses that come when someone says a coach "called" a timeout, or worrying about "baseline" vs "endline."
I respect that Snaqs.

But the substantive difference is:

RSBQ pertains to the ball handler & FOM applies to all players (offense & defense).

We did watch the captains meetings videos I shared with you guys last week, didnt we? I swear they said FOM applies to everybody. Chucks, holds, wraps, re-routes generally apply to FOM.

If the rhythm, speed, balance & quickness of a defender or offensive player without the ball is affected, it may or may not be a foul. They might recover quickly & be able to participate in normal defensive or offensive movements.
Or, it might not even have a bearing on the play ie; marginal screening infraction on the weakside that stumbles the defender, but the ball is already strongside in the post & a poster shot is imminent.
I'd like to see somebody call that foul & take away the dunk based on the RSBQ philosophy!! As a matter of fact, I'd LOVE to see that & hear the conversation with the coach as well

If the rhythm, speed, balance & quickness of the ball handler is affected, this is an absolute, an immediate whistle is required.

And that folks, is the substantive difference
Old Thu Apr 05, 2012, 10:44am
Official Forum Member

I love the Fray and have seen them perform at summerfest in Milwaukee twice. They are very unique. I loved their version of the Anthem. Caught myself singing along for once. Great job.
Old Thu Apr 05, 2012, 10:48am
Official Forum Member

Great Point !!!!!!

ie; marginal screening infraction on the weakside that stumbles the defender, but the ball is already strongside in the post & a poster shot is imminent.
I'd like to see somebody call that foul & take away the dunk based on the RSBQ philosophy!! As a matter of fact, I'd LOVE to see that & hear the conversation with the coach as well

I see this play (mentioned above ), where there is a weakside screen maginally illegal and the ball is strongside being shop by a guy who is 40% behind the 3pt arc. We get into the lockeroom and two guys are rubbing each others stones saying they are working hard off the ball and what a great call that was, when (IMO) we stopped play for nothing....

Thoughts ????????
Old Thu Apr 05, 2012, 10:54am
certified Hot Mom tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Multiple Sports View Post
We get into the lockeroom and two guys are rubbing each others stones.....Thoughts ????????
Yeah. They should get a room. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Old Thu Apr 05, 2012, 05:46pm
Official Forum Member

That is dangerous......

Padg - stop putting false quotes up, you may ruin what is left of my character !!!!!! LOL!!!!!!