The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   NCAA Tournament Video Request Thread (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/89897-ncaa-tournament-video-request-thread.html)

Nevadaref Sat Mar 17, 2012 03:50am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Ringo (Post 832522)
Another play: St. Mary's player commits a violation near the end of the game. He moved too much on a throw-in where he was not allowed to move.

The official's signal was a travel! Someone tell me this is not correct... Isn't this simply a violation and point at the spot?

Video would be great if you can get it.

The player was the WCC POY. The official was Scott Thornley and he did give the travel signal. Shoot them both!

Quote:

Originally Posted by stiffler3492 (Post 832536)
We oughta pitch in and buy you a case of whatever you want APG!

I fully agree with that. If APG sends me a PM, I'll send him some funds. Not kidding!

Nevadaref Sat Mar 17, 2012 04:40am

APG,
Please post the throw-in/OOB violation called in the last couple of seconds of the Creighton/Bama game.

APG Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:42am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nevadaref (Post 832619)
APG,
Please post the throw-in/OOB violation called in the last couple of seconds of the Creighton/Bama game.

I'd need to know when it occurred.

APG Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:56am

Quote:

Originally Posted by stiffler3492 (Post 832528)
Along this line....

2:16 of the first half, Purdue with a spot throw in in their frontcourt. Looked like the inbounder may have moved outside of the three foot window. No call made.

St. Marys had a throw-in at that time...and the player didn't move a bit...at least from what they showed. They didn't show the beginning of the throw-in.

Johnny Ringo Sat Mar 17, 2012 04:53pm

Two plays that would be good to see:

1) 8:20 to go in 1st half of Murray St./Marquette... Would any of you went with offensive foul?

2) Florida St. / St. Bonaventure... 11:10 to go in second half. Player passes the ball to himself - nothing was called.

stiffler3492 Sat Mar 17, 2012 05:16pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by AllPurposeGamer (Post 832673)
St. Marys had a throw-in at that time...and the player didn't move a bit...at least from what they showed. They didn't show the beginning of the throw-in.

Hmm...i'll try and remember it

stiffler3492 Sat Mar 17, 2012 05:21pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by AllPurposeGamer (Post 832673)

Maybe try the second half?

JetMetFan Sat Mar 17, 2012 05:47pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Ringo (Post 832714)

Florida St. / St. Bonaventure... 11:10 to go in second half. Player passes the ball to himself - nothing was called.

Here it is...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1KD4v4PbFqU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

grunewar Sat Mar 17, 2012 07:01pm

~2:50 left in first half - interesting Flagrant 1 called on Indiana for swinging the elbows by the offense and hitting a defender in the face. Long delay. Tom Eades got lots of air/face time.

Johnny Ringo Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:01pm

Would you call that play a violation? Double dribble?

Camron Rust Sun Mar 18, 2012 02:18am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Ringo (Post 832762)
Would you call that play a violation? Double dribble?

Assuming it didn't touch his teammate on the way by, yes...illegal dribble.

icallfouls Sun Mar 18, 2012 06:40pm

this thread is not all that convenient. have to read through most every post to determine if the play makes it to the site.

Suggestion: the threads be broken down by game rather than all possible games.

I am sure that there is a reason for the way it is currently done, but for people who don't have the time or inclination to read every post, it would be appreciated

Thanks for everyone who suggests plays for discussion

APG Sun Mar 18, 2012 09:30pm

I tend to take all the plays from a game, and make a thread of it..if there's a play you'd like to see and it isn't in the thread, feel free to mention it in the thread.

Eastshire Mon Mar 19, 2012 06:51am

APG: Could you grab from Ohio State v Gonzaga the OOB call with ~0:45 left in the second? It looked to me that Ohio State reestablished before touching the ball.

stiffler3492 Thu Mar 22, 2012 08:00pm

First one of the Sweet 16...

Syracuse vs Wisconsin.
Block/Charge play at the 3:50 mark of the second half.