The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Feb 14, 2012, 01:23pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toren View Post

Now that is conclusive...much better screen shots. You must have had access to a better video than what Brad had to get those....or better software.
Old Tue Feb 14, 2012, 01:24pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welpe View Post
Well that figures...and more than a little ironic too. Makes me glad we went to grey for varsity.
In the regular season we can wear greys, traditional b&w or wide panel for any game, as long as we all wear the same style shirt.

4 days til post season here!!!
Old Tue Feb 14, 2012, 01:33pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tref View Post
In the regular season we can wear greys, traditional b&w or wide panel for any game, as long as we all wear the same style shirt.

Indeed, playoffs right around the corner. Got my first playoff assignment for next Tuesday! First one ever!
Old Tue Feb 14, 2012, 01:35pm
Official Forum Member

Way 2 g-o!!
Old Tue Feb 14, 2012, 01:47pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
Blow my whistle and instruct the other team to take the ball OOB for a throw-in.
Agreed, this is one reason I thought the basket wasn't good. Its been proven since that it was. No reaction from the lead made me think it just skimmed the net. And to be totally honest, when I first watched the video I was looking for a foul.
Old Tue Feb 14, 2012, 01:54pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by tref View Post

Yeah, I was surprised to see that the C was the only one in the wide panel. We have to match down here.
Old Tue Feb 14, 2012, 01:55pm
Official Forum Member

Another thing that bothered me

Who is judging basket interference? My C and T would have clearly missed that call if it occured. Nobody was looking at the rim.

The offensive player doesn't committ a basket interference, but given the play it was quite possible and someone should have anticipated that likely outcome.
Old Tue Feb 14, 2012, 02:00pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Who is judging basket interference? My C and T would have clearly missed that call if it occured. Nobody was looking at the rim.

The offensive player doesn't committ a basket interference, but given the play it was quite possible and someone should have anticipated that likely outcome.
True, but in transition this is tough. The C has a potential pass and crash he needs to watch for. When he sees the ball passed (rather than shot), he's not going to watch the ball most times. Seems to me, this is on T, but I'm not sure where he is. I'm guessing he was just shy of the division line when the ball went in.

Last edited by Adam; Tue Feb 14, 2012 at 02:18pm.
Old Tue Feb 14, 2012, 02:04pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells View Post
True, but in transition this is tough. The C has a potential pass and crash he needs to watch for. When he sees the ball passed (rather than shot), he's not going to watch the ball most times. Seems to me, this is on L, but I'm not sure where he is. I'm guessing he was just shy of the division line when the ball went in.
I assume you meant the T on this, but that would make sense since he said "I think it went in" during our conference. That puts me a bit more at ease, I'm just not sure he would have blown the whistle for BI, if it had occured.
Old Tue Feb 14, 2012, 02:06pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
I approach the C and he says to me, "I don't know if it went in." I say, okay let me check with the (old) T.

The T says to me, "I think it went in." I say okay, you're the only one who thinks anything, so let's go with that. He went to the scorer's table to count the basket and that's when the C started his whole display about how the ball didn't go in. ...
At least my body language eyesight is not bad:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
I know on my first viewing I wasn't sure the ball went in so I could understand if the C saw it the same way. If you see his converstation with the coach his hand gesturing indicates that he thinks the ball hit below the rim. ...
Old Tue Feb 14, 2012, 02:33pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
I assume you meant the T on this, but that would make sense since he said "I think it went in" during our conference. That puts me a bit more at ease, I'm just not sure he would have blown the whistle for BI, if it had occured.
Yeah, I meant T (corrected it), sorry. I doubt he would have, because his view wasn't that good, and there's no way he should make that call if he's even slightly unsure.

I just think for both, it seems like an understandable error (it's still an error). I have less understanding for the C changing his mind like that. If he was that sure, he should have told you. By doing it that way, he throws the T (R?) under the bus when he comes charging in to announce it didn't go in.
Old Thu Feb 16, 2012, 12:10am
Whack! Get Out!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welpe View Post
Good for you and good for you on putting this out here. It helps us all get better. Maybe even Brad will get his vision checked because of it.
Why would I get my vision checked? I was right all along! LOL

I thought it was obvious when watching real-time the first time, more obvious after reviewing, and still obvious after seeing the initial freeze-frame. Glad that Toren found some better photos so that y'all could catch up

Toren — don't worry about the guy big-timing you. You did fine with the knowledge you had and the bad situation he put you in. Just learn from the experience!
Old Thu Feb 16, 2012, 08:37am
Archaic Power Monger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
Why would I get my vision checked? I was right all along! LOL
Yes but you will still seeing what you wanted to.