The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Feb 04, 2012, 10:07am
Aleve Titles to Others

Send a message via AIM to 26 Year Gap
Shake you head moments this season

Had a double whistle with two man crew as I was closing down on shot as T. Both of us had the fist up. I went down to give him the call and said I had a clear view of the defender in back of the shooter push him from behind. He heads to the table to report, THEN CHANGES HIS MIND and says he had an IW!!! With 0.2 second left in the half.

I let him have it at halftime.
Old Sat Feb 04, 2012, 10:58am
Official Forum Member

Watching a JV game, double whistle from Leads' primary. Lead begins to signal block as Trail signals PC. Oops. Trail never makes eye contact with partner, takes 5 steps and reports the PC. Lead then walks out to meet trail. I'm thinking, "OK, good. They are gonna get together and get this right...double foul." Nope, they stick with the PC and THEN go to the other end to shoot a one-and -one.
Ouch.
Old Sat Feb 04, 2012, 01:38pm
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by 26 Year Gap View Post
Had a double whistle with two man crew as I was closing down on shot as T. Both of us had the fist up. I went down to give him the call and said I had a clear view of the defender in back of the shooter push him from behind. He heads to the table to report, THEN CHANGES HIS MIND and says he had an IW!!! With 0.2 second left in the half.

HAHAHHA that is something you can't script.
Old Sun Feb 05, 2012, 12:24am
Official Forum Member

Boys Jr. High game Thurs. night, player from Team A shoots bad shot from his endline that manages to roll along the top of the backboard for about a foot and falls off. The ball did not hit any support. Another Team A player gets rebound and put back for 2. Team B HC and Asst. are griping that the ball was Out of Bounds. I told HC the ball didn't hit anything so it was still live. HC tells me every other place they have played this year the ball was dead because the top of the backboard is OOB.
Old Sun Feb 05, 2012, 12:39am
Official Forum Member

Prior to my varsity boys game on Fri night, my two partners counted the players on their respective teams TWICE....and got the number wrong BOTH times!!!!

Needless to say I prepared myself for a "long night"...
Old Sun Feb 05, 2012, 02:29am
Official Forum Member

7th grade boys

I have a 5-second violation on visiting team and my partner has a timeout for the visiting team. He never comes over to me with the "I had the TO before the violation" until a few seconds before TO period is over. H team was not happy.

Visiting again commits the 5-second violation.
Old Sun Feb 05, 2012, 03:30am
Official Forum Member

If at first you don't succeed . . .

BJV I toss the ball to start the game, V gains posession, clock doesn't start. I stop the game, have the time set to 7:57, sideline throwin for V. Throwin is caught by V2, dribble, no clock start. I stop the game, again, re-set the clock and this time it gets started correctly.
End of first half: 5.3 seconds, H throwin in front of their bench. I bounce the ball to the thrower, and the clock starts! I stop the game, have the timer re-set the time (a young lady, who is now working the clock, because the young man who started the game, as the timer, just couldn't get it right). I instruct her to start the clock when I chop with my hand.
The pass leaves the thrower's hands, on a pass to a teammate across the court, and the clock starts . . . Re-set to 5.3. I get well-acquainted with the timer, explaining that my hand is magic, and that she absolutely cannot start the clock until my hand moves. Finally, it works! And the last second shot was unsuccessful.
Old Sun Feb 05, 2012, 08:57am
Official Forum Member

Watching a GV game last night. A1 drilling along the sideline opposite bench in her front court in 2nd half. She dribbles off her foot OOB. Center whistles and points, A1 turns and faces center, flips two birds and yells "**** you!". Gym goes dead silent and an eternity passes before the C whistles her for a T.

After they sit her down the C goes to the admin and after a discussion has a fan in the student section removed. It turns out she had just broken up w her BF and he made some disparaging remarks when she dribbled off her foot and she let him have it. He happened to be sitting directly behind the C.
Old Sun Feb 05, 2012, 12:44pm
Official Forum Member

I guess they didn't ride home together . . .
Old Sun Feb 05, 2012, 04:15pm
Aleve Titles to Others

Send a message via AIM to 26 Year Gap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
Watching a GV game last night. A1 drilling along the sideline opposite bench in her front court in 2nd half. She dribbles off her foot OOB. Center whistles and points, A1 turns and faces center, flips two birds and yells "**** you!". Gym goes dead silent and an eternity passes before the C whistles her for a T.

After they sit her down the C goes to the admin and after a discussion has a fan in the student section removed. It turns out she had just broken up w her BF and he made some disparaging remarks when she dribbled off her foot and she let him have it. He happened to be sitting directly behind the C.
Did she repair the floor afterwards?
Old Sun Feb 05, 2012, 04:38pm
Official Forum Member

Cell Phone??

Boys Jr High season just started. Both teams are playing their second game of the year. Both teams are BAD, and it's the B team game. One coach thinks the league has a 30 point mercy rule, while the other thinks it's a 20 point lead in the 4th that will start the running clock. One coach says he'll make a phone call to find out exactly how the league wants it administered.

Three minutes into the game I'm trail as one team is inbounding the ball on the sideline by the visiting teams bench. The visiting coach rushes up to me with a cell phone in hand and states "I've got the guy in charge of the league on the phone and he'll tell you what the rule is". He extends his arm to give me the phone, expecting me to take it and engage the caller in conversation.

I was shocked and so it took me a second to blurt out "coach, I'll take your word for it" before jogging down the floor.
Old Sun Feb 05, 2012, 05:13pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:

Was he a younger guy (not necessarily age I am talking about)?

How did he take to your "conversation" at halftime?

Peace
Old Mon Feb 06, 2012, 10:22am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:

I'm guessing you were too stunned to step in and report the foul you called, as well.
Old Mon Feb 06, 2012, 10:59am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman View Post

Can't blame the C for being shocked into inaction for a bit here. I don't think I'd believe it just happened either.
Old Tue Feb 07, 2012, 02:06am
Statistician/Ref Hybrid

This past Sunday, CYO JV (Grades 4-6) Girls.

Official calls a 5 second throw-in violation on the home team and explains what happened to the girls. He then gives the ball back to the home team for another throw-in.

The center of attention as the lead & trail. – me
Games officiated: 525 Basketball · 76 Softball · 16 Baseball