The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue May 20, 2003, 09:25pm
Official Forum Member

Cool

Team A Rebounds the ball, dribbles 20 feet & launches a last second bomb from back court. The horn sounds after he releases the ball. The shot falls short & bounces @ the free throw line and goes in the basket. You make the call!

Have at it people.
Old Tue May 20, 2003, 10:04pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Actually, under NF rules, this is an easy one. You only get continuation at the horn on a try or tap. The try ends when the ball hits the floor. No basket.
Old Wed May 21, 2003, 12:07pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by Rodego
Team A Rebounds the ball, dribbles 20 feet & launches a last second bomb from back court. The horn sounds after he releases the ball. The shot falls short & bounces @ the free throw line and goes in the basket. You make the call!

Have at it people.
I'm guessing from that last line, that you, Rodego, are trying to stir up a controversy. So I'll make a deal. If you can come up with a video of anything similar to this that happened in a real game, dated before right this very instant, I'll put enough inflammatory.. make that "controversial" ... remarks on this thread to get 10 pages. Fair enough?
Old Wed May 21, 2003, 12:17pm
Official Forum Member

Rainmaker,

Just want to see how far off the thread you people can go.
Old Wed May 21, 2003, 12:18pm
In Memoriam

Question

Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
Quote:

Have at it people.
I'm guessing from that last line, that you, Rodego, are trying to stir up a controversy. So I'll make a deal. If you can come up with a video of anything similar to this that happened in a real game, dated before right this very instant, I'll put enough inflammatory.. make that "controversial" ... remarks on this thread to get 10 pages. Fair enough?
What controversy?
...Question has been asked many times before.
Rodego is probably just learning the game or trying to preach to the choir.

Old Wed May 21, 2003, 12:20pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Rainmaker,

Just want to see how far off the thread you people can go.
I recognize the play. I just don't think it's the best one for that purpose. If you really want to get one going, quote a situation where a ref that didn't know the rules at all, got lots of compliments for his great presence. Or where a ref had no looks or personality at all, but was able to control the game by carefully applying his detailed understanding of the rules.

You'll have to word it pretty carefully though, because if it gets too hot, Brad might delete it.
Old Wed May 21, 2003, 01:29pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Exclamation

Quote:
If you can come up with a video of anything similar to this that happened in a real game, dated before right this very instant, I'll put enough inflammatory.. make that "controversial" ... remarks on this thread to get 10 pages. Fair enough?
Juulie - this actually happened in an 8th grade boys TBA game about four years ago. While the coaches were arguing over whether the shot was a two or three pointer (the "shooting" team was down by two at the time), both of my refs (who were HS students) correctly waived off the shot for the right reason. I was in an adjoining gym and both coaches came over to me to complain. I told them the call was absolutely correct. One coach said, "Are you sure?" The other coach just laughed and told him that I was "always sure". That ended it.

OK - let's see those remarks.
Old Wed May 21, 2003, 02:06pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Padgett

It's really hard to type while genuflecting.
Old Thu May 22, 2003, 07:55am
Official Forum Member

Quote:

Have at it people.
No basket.

Next question, please. Preferably, something with a little more spice.
Old Thu May 22, 2003, 11:07am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
While I'm absolutely 100% sure you're telling the truth, I gave myself an out by requiring video. Besides, I'm not in the mood for an argument today.
Old Fri May 23, 2003, 03:35pm
Official Forum Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mark Padgett
Quote:
One coach said, "Are you sure?" The other coach just laughed and told him that I was "always sure". That ended it.
Just remember that always sure and always right are totally different conclusions
Old Fri May 23, 2003, 05:39pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Hawks Coach
Quote:
Quote:
One coach said, "Are you sure?" The other coach just laughed and told him that I was "always sure". That ended it.
Just remember that always sure and always right are totally different conclusions
Ah, but always sure requires more, uhm...presence to make it look like always right.
Old Fri May 23, 2003, 07:20pm
Official Forum Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Hawks Coach
Quote:
Quote:
This is actually a mis-quote. If you look back to the original post, it was Mark that was "always right...always sure," not me. He's been trying to teach me this for years, and it's only beginning to sink in now. Mark's number one referee lesson is, "Sometimes wrong, never indecisive." Don't ever forget it. Also remember, it's a lesson he teaches others. "Always right, always sure" is for himself.