The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Jan 29, 2012, 03:10pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Make The Call: Ronnie Nunn

I did not realize this until I was flipping through my bazillion cable channels, but the NBA channel has a show called "Make The Call: Ronnie Nunn" in which he explains NBA rules and the general philosophy of why NBA refs call the game the way they do. It's on today at 4:00 Pacific time.

Since I have a bunch of rec games this afternoon, I'm recording it on my DVR and I'll watch it after I finish the 20 Law & Order reruns I'm also recording.

I'm sure it's been on before. Has anyone here seen it? Is it worth watching, even if just for entertainment value?
Old Sun Jan 29, 2012, 03:21pm
Official Forum Member

Some good, some bad, explanations. One show had Ronnie explaining a block on a defender who had obtained LGP, then moved obliquely/laterally and took the contact from the dribbler in the chest, only to get a block call against him.. And in slow motion it was even worse to listen to his explanation.
Old Sun Jan 29, 2012, 03:23pm
Official Forum Member

Yes, I've seen the show. The show's been on NBA TV for 2 or so year. I'd say you shouldn't watch it since you already think the NBA is just entertainment and not basketball.
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.

Old Sun Jan 29, 2012, 03:32pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Oops!

Not that it's a big deal, but I just checked and the title is actually, "Making The Call: Ronnie Nunn". I guess I deserve a T.
Old Sun Jan 29, 2012, 03:37pm
Esteemed Forum Member

These Are Their Stories ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Padgett View Post
I'm recording it on my DVR and I'll watch it after I finish the 20 Law & Order reruns I'm also recording.
When you've got them all "in the can" please stream them over to me. I can never get enough of Law and Order, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, Law & Order: Criminal Intent, Law & Order: Trial by Jury, and Law & Order: LA. I'm a Law & Order fanatic.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)
Old Sun Jan 29, 2012, 03:39pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
When you've got them all "in the can" please stream them over to me. I can never get enough of Law and Order, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, Law & Order: Criminal Intent, Law & Order: Trial by Jury, and Law & Order: LA. I'm a Law & Order fanatic.
You forgot Law & Order: UK. It's on BBC America, although none are being shown for a while.

I heard they're coming out with a new one - Law & Order: Paducah.
Old Sun Jan 29, 2012, 03:40pm
Official Forum Member

I too have seen the Ronnie Nunn piece. I was surfing through the You Tube site several weeks ago. I saw that FIBA has referee education videos posted on You Tube. If you want to watch them, type in FIBA referee education on the You Tube home page to locate them.
Old Sun Jan 29, 2012, 03:42pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
You forgot Law & Order: UK. It's on BBC America, although none are being shown for a while.

I heard they're coming out with a new one - Law & Order: Paducah.
I have the first 2 series of Law & Order: UK on DVD. I'm a huge fan of all things L&O as well.
Old Sun Jan 29, 2012, 03:42pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffett View Post
I too have seen the Ronnie Nunn piece. I was surfing through the You Tube site several weeks ago. I saw that FIBA has referee education videos posted on You Tube. If you want to watch them, type in FIBA referee education on the You Tube home page to locate them.
Can't. My computer doesn't have a converter for metric videos.
Old Sun Jan 29, 2012, 03:49pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Not that it's a big deal, but I just checked and the title is actually, "Making The Call: Ronnie Nunn". I guess I deserve a T.
*Making The Call with Ronnie Nunn
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.

Old Sun Jan 29, 2012, 07:23pm
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllPurposeGamer View Post
*Making The Call with Ronnie Nunn
Mark, that's your second T.

Sorry, but you're ejected. Hit the shower.