The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Jan 17, 2012, 11:39pm
Official Forum Member

Assignor/Tournament Coordinator Compensation

Something I've been curious about is the general level of compensation one would receive when organizing an association or a tournament of some level.

I would assume that overseeing an entire association of guys would require tons of work, especially during the season. Obviously this is going to depend on the state, size of association, etc. What kind of ranges are we talking about here?

I've also heard fairly regular officials talk about coordinating tournaments on a weekend during the summer months. Would that be paid? If so, what general range of pay would be given for putting the officials together?

And no, this isn't because I'm looking to do any of this anytime soon. I'm light years away!
Old Tue Jan 17, 2012, 11:48pm
Official Forum Member

Our assignors get 6% of each Official's game fee. Some weekends we have our 500 assignments... do the math it can add up in a hurry but it's a ton of work.
Old Wed Jan 18, 2012, 09:47am
Official Forum Member

Our association has 50 members but we don't do a lot of assigning. Members pay dues but we charge no assigning fees. Our assigner, as well as the officers of the association, all work gratis.