The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Dec 14, 2011, 01:28pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danvrapp View Post
Given a double whistle with NO prelim signal(s), I agree. But with the prelim signal(s) I would think you save more face (and have a better chance of getting the call right!) if you conference real quick.

And I'm surprised no one brought this up yet...is the T obligated to buy the beer after the game?
The problem is the rules do not support your position. This rule is exactly the same a the NCAA level as it is at the NF level.

Peace
Old Wed Dec 14, 2011, 01:37pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danvrapp View Post
Given a double whistle with NO prelim signal(s), I agree. But with the prelim signal(s) I would think you save more face (and have a better chance of getting the call right!) if you conference real quick.

And I'm surprised no one brought this up yet...is the T obligated to buy the beer after the game?
The only time you can get together under NCAA-M rules after conflicting signals on a block/charge play is if the play involves the restricted area. Otherwise you're stuck with a double foul.
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.

Old Wed Dec 14, 2011, 01:39pm
Official Forum Member

Since I'm not as well-versed in 3-man, can someone give some insight into whose call this should be? I mean, I know it's in an intersecting place on the court in terms of coverage, but whose primary is it? Seems like the play originated in the T's area, but the secondary defender is coming from the L's area.
Old Wed Dec 14, 2011, 01:41pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllPurposeGamer View Post
The only time you can get together under NCAA-M rules after conflicting signals on a block/charge play is if the play involves the restricted area.
For a guy that only works HS, thanks for clarifying for me!
Old Wed Dec 14, 2011, 02:33pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco View Post
Since I'm not as well-versed in 3-man, can someone give some insight into whose call this should be? I mean, I know it's in an intersecting place on the court in terms of coverage, but whose primary is it? Seems like the play originated in the T's area, but the secondary defender is coming from the L's area.
L's call. The offensive player didn't get the ball until he was in the lane, and the contact is clearly in the lane.
Old Thu Dec 15, 2011, 08:59am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballgame99 View Post
I had a charge. Just for my knowledge, what part of that made you go block?
I saw the same as APG: defender moves into airborne shooter, thus forfeiting LGP.
Old Thu Dec 15, 2011, 10:50am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllPurposeGamer View Post
The only time you can get together under NCAA-M rules after conflicting signals on a block/charge play is if the play involves the restricted area. Otherwise you're stuck with a double foul.
Both officials signal and come together...This is the discussion that takes place:
Trail: Oh s*** how are we getting out of this mess.
Lead: You thought the player was in the restricted area...righttttt
Trail: No..er...Oh I see... YES I thought he was in which is why I was calling a Block
Lead: Well he wasn't in so it will be a charge.
Trail: Phew...Good Save
This is one way out of a sticky situation... Or it might work better to actually call both and go to POI but at least you have options.